• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Lucky Star 6 LE Cancellation Confirmed

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mulrich

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Cancelled?!

RRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Well, that stinks for the people that had been buying the LE versions, but apparently that wasn't too many people. Or at least not enough to cover the cost.
Polly E.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Oof, that's a kick in the nards. I feel sorry for anyone as OCD as me about having to have EVERYTHING and not having that final volume in limited edition would drive me insane. You have my sympathies, buyers.

I picked up the first two volumes of the show in LE form, but decided to give them away and just wait for a collection. Just not the kinda show I can dump that much cash into.
xia83

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:39 pm Reply with quote
In this bad economy i'm not surprised.
But the buyers of the LE have my sympathies, I would be really pissed.
Otaku_X

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:42 pm Reply with quote
That's a sucky move, but they should at least have the decency to give volume 6 a reversible cover for those of us who DID buy the LEs.
Heretic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Damnit...can we at least get a reversable cover with the crayon pic on the other side?
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:43 pm Reply with quote
.................. When is the Complete box set coming?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Dop.L

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Ah well, at least it'll save a bit of money.

What they should do is print the LE cover on the other side of the cover, so that people who'd been buying the LE versions will at least have a matching set of covers in the box.

Failing that, they should make the image downloadable so you can print your own.

(Edit: I see Heretic beat me to it!)
sailorsean

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:50 pm Reply with quote
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Evil or Very Mad Sad Sad Sad

Well this sucks...
The Naked Beast

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Well, that sucks for the people who bought the limited editions, myself included. But this is what happens when you price gouge on LEs in a crappy economy.

I do agree that they were ridiculously expensive but they gave you a lot of stuff for it. Myself, I am saddened to see this announcement since the last DVD will look out of place with my other Lucky Star LEs.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:56 pm Reply with quote
It's a bit disappointing to hear that, but with the economy as it is now, I can't say that I am surprised though with it being canceled. I don't normally buy LE editions of releases due to space and storage limitations at my house.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
JackCox

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:05 pm Reply with quote
I feel sorry for those purchasing in the LE's but frankly Bandai screwed this one up royally If these had been released Two DVD's at a time maybe it would have worked but it's no wonder this failed.
Anton Chigurh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:05 pm Reply with quote
As someone who bought all the LE's for "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" I want to tell the Lucky Star buyers I feel you. It would've sucked if it'd happened to a series in which I have invested money and time.
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:12 pm Reply with quote
*holds up right hand*

Yes, I'm one of those "poor schmucks" who bought the first five L.E.'s. (usually on some sort of sale, so I don't agree with the price-gouging comment) But what are you going to do, it's not the end of the world and having Bandai stay in business is (probably) more important than getting a matching set of over-sized boxes (and t-shirts I wouldn't wear out in public) Wink The character CD's are fun too.

But I did like the crayon-drawn covers, I was under the impression that was Konata's attempt at her drawing her friends / family. (please correct me if I'm wrong)
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:13 pm Reply with quote
This was the first series I was buying all the LE's for. Looks like I'm going to reverse to my boxset only/ wait until they're all out strategy. So far that's taken me out of all the companies singles. They won't see my money until they finish their releases.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9