• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anno's Evangelion 2.0 Film Slated for June 27 in Japan

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh7289

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:16 pm Reply with quote
We better get the Blu-ray releases in the US.

FUNimation seems to be pretty good with Blu-ray anime in the US so far, so I don't think there's cause for worry...
LordPrometheus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:37 pm Reply with quote
I really want to see this on Bluray as well. This entire Rebuild series just screams to be viewed in glorious HD.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:22 am Reply with quote
Jarmel wrote:
*slowly turns and looks at Funimation*, wondering where is my blu-ray release?

US anime companies seem to think that letting the internet get flooded with DVD rips and Blu-Ray rips for years before releasing in DVD only is the smart way to approach things.

Eva is like one of the most successful series in the US, yet all of the sudden people are acting like Eva flops hardcore and we should wait years before trying to license/release it in the US.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
Jarmel wrote:
*slowly turns and looks at Funimation*, wondering where is my blu-ray release?

US anime companies seem to think that letting the internet get flooded with DVD rips and Blu-Ray rips for years before releasing in DVD only is the smart way to approach things.

Eva is like one of the most successful series in the US, yet all of the sudden people are acting like Eva flops hardcore and we should wait years before trying to license/release it in the US.

Or perhaps it's because Japanese companies force delays on cheaper overseas Blu-Ray releases to avoid importation, and because the license for the new Eva movie probably required a substantial chunk of change? My, aren't logical alternatives fun.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5