• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 5th Garden of Sinners' U.S. Premiere at Anime Boston

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Hed

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:36 pm Reply with quote
This is superb news, sounds like somebody is preparing for a license announcement Very Happy

Or at least I hope Razz

Last edited by Big Hed on Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mistypearl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Sounds interesting, I'll have to check this out
mulrich

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:51 pm Reply with quote
I'm wondering why the heck they're starting with the fifth movie. :S
Jarmel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Have they licensed any of the previous movies? The movies sound interesting and I've heard they're really good, I've just haven't had a chance to watch them.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Jarmel wrote:
Have they licensed any of the previous movies? The movies sound interesting and I've heard they're really good, I've just haven't had a chance to watch them.

no they haven't. And since they are seven separate movies like the Rebuild of Evangelion movies, it's probably not an easy license to obtain.

I don't see why they're starting with the 5th one. Sure it's the best of the bunch, but people are likely going to be clueless if they haven't seen the preceding 4 or at least 3 of them (one of them continues its arc in the 7th movie this spring)
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:12 pm Reply with quote
this was the best part IMO, most entertaining and bad ass
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:19 pm Reply with quote
The fifth movie was easily the best of the bunch thus far, and one of the most intriguing anime productions in a long while. I'm repeatedly blown away by studio ufotable's unique ability to make somehow seem like more in certain ways.

Though I will add that you'd be kind of wondering what's exactly happening without having been acquainted to the other 4 movies or the concept behind everything.

Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
Jarmel wrote:

no they haven't. And since they are seven separate movies like the Rebuild of Evangelion movies, it's probably not an easy license to obtain.

I agree that it would be tough, because they would probably have to license each separate, and Aniplex could easily ask an insane amount for these installment based how popular they are. I wouldn't blame them either, I wouldn't let these go for cheap under any circumstance.

Oh, and the title Paradox Paradigm is a little awkward, it really should just be Paradox Spiral, as that title holds the entire purpose behind this movie. I really don't hope that's the forced official title.

Last edited by walw6pK4Alo on Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Well, that's odd, but yeah....SOMEBODY please license these movies pronto. They are really excellent. I hope this will at least get the word out about them.

Why 5 though? I think 2 or 3 would have made a better choice personally. 5 is far too confusing for first-timers.
Jarmel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Also do they have any sort of release date for the 6th?
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Big Hed wrote:
This superb news, sounds like somebody is preparing for a license announcement Very Happy

Or at least I hope Razz

You and me both, hon. Just from the premise and visuals, I dearly wanna see these movies. The few screenshots I've gleaned of it thus far have been gorgeous. Anime hyper
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Maybe this would be a convenient time to make the other 6 encyclopedia entries for films 2-7?

*cough*hinthint*cough*
fireaxe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:04 pm Reply with quote
It's a series of movies, so imo it only needs one entry. It really is a good news, I bought the 3rd movie off a Japanese retailer recently because I just couldn't wait any longer! Kara no Kyoukai is by FAR my favourite anime, so it was well worth the 80 bucks, but yeah... maybe I should have waited a little longer... Hahaha.

Oh and really, I thought that the 5th movie was far from being the best so far... 3rd and 4th were definitely my favourites.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
pparker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Releasing the 5th first really doesn't make any unless they assume everyone's watched fansubs anyway. AFAIK, the 5th is where it's past any jumble of timelines:

"1st movie = 4th
2nd = 1st
3rd = 3rd
4th = 2nd
5th = 5th
6th = 6th
So, it is recommended to watch this movie in order of 2nd->4th->3rd->1st->5th->6th"

Awesome show, though. It will get licensed, I'm sure, but I would never make a deal for only one of them. All of them, or no deal, if I'm a distributor, and obviously if I intend to dub them.
BlackJaded

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Already I've download three of them, but it's intriguing and I hope it will be licensed on the way soon.
Sarukah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
at the boy's family mansion.

lol! The boy lives in a large apartment complex. Far from a family mansion.

Besides that though, I'm surprised they would be showing the fifth film at a public place like that. As much as I loved it, it was just so gory. I can take gore, but not as much as was in that film, geez.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3