• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What do you think is the best Anime that you have seen?

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bun^ny

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 10:24 pm Reply with quote
People all over the world have different tastes, different interests... how about you? What do you think is the best animation or manga people should see at least once?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bun^ny

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 10:26 pm Reply with quote
For me... I think Prince Of tennis or even Wild Striker is pretty cool. Graphics and story is interesting and as far as I know.. you guys should see these! Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fandrez

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Well, seeing that this thread will probebly get lock, I just want to throw something into it before it does. I would like to recommend seeing Vandread. I happen to like this anime a lot, it's on my Top favorite animes. Just look it up in the Encyclopedia for more info. Very Happy
blitz5000

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 1:50 am Reply with quote
Princess Mononoke is a good anime for me.... even though its gory... Very Happy
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 2:29 am Reply with quote
Rurouni Kenshin (TV), and Tsuioku-hen (OAV). Although, everything past Kyoto in the TV series pretty much stunk. I prefer it in Japanese, of course. Wink
Inu-Yasha

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 2:39 am Reply with quote
Its gotta be Escaflowne for short series, for long/meduim length series it would be Inuyasha. My favorite OAV is Black Lion. Movie: Spirited Away.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Maccers

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 5:11 am Reply with quote
The best anime I've ever seen is Cowboy Bebop hands down.

But barring cowboy bebop i would say the best 12/13 episode series is hellsing, runner up being Gundam 8th MS team. the best 24/25/26 episode anime (not counting cowboy bebop) would have to be full metal panic, runners up include Evangelion, witch hunter robin and trigun. the best anime which spans anywhere from 26-52 episodes would have to be Full metal alchemist or Z Gundam, runners up being ZZ gundam and Mobile suit gundam . the best long spanning anime (anywhere from 50 episodes onwards) would have to be without a doubt Rurouni kenshin, although runners up would have to be Dragonball Z, Yu Yu hakusho and Especially Inu-yasha.

The best OAV are the rurouni kenshin OAVs (also Known as Samurai X Trust and betreyal) Runner up would have to be FLCL.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 5:37 am Reply with quote
Hands down, I'd have to say Maison Ikkoku. Simply put, it gives you a real people feel. It doesn't rely on spaceships, sci-fi, magic, or any of the other good stuff. It's a strong character driven series that relies on buidling the story and relationships, rather than using something flashy to attact its viewers. If you are into romantic comedy, I'll take it over any other romantic series hands down. (Yes people, Karekano is not the be all and end all of all romance series)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
RedvsBlue

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 9:50 am Reply with quote
Rurouni Kenshin Tsuioku-hen. It took all the thing I like about anime, put them together, and then sold it to me for half price. Very Happy

I love it!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
God_of_Evil

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 10:22 am Reply with quote
DragonBall Z!!!!!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Anyways, I really like Escaflowne and Inu-Yasha.
TF

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 11:41 am Reply with quote
Tekkaman Blade

Why? simple, 1 of the greatest storylines i've ever seen
Mr Mania

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 12:08 pm Reply with quote
So is this a "your favourite anime thread" or a "what anime should everybody see" thread because they require different answers.

My personal favourite anime is Akira but if I had to suggest an anime that everybody to see at least once I would probably go for a Miyazaki movie (maybe Spirited Away) as his movies are universal and have a wider appeal than something along the lines of Akira.
bun^ny

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 12:45 pm Reply with quote
What is FLCL? I have that dvd but I just do not really understand it coz it feels like it doesnt really communicate with the audience...
Depression

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 1:20 pm Reply with quote
I would have to say my personally favourite would be Rurouni Kenshin followed up by Inu-Yasha. They are both long series. The best short series would be FLCL.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 1:33 pm Reply with quote
bun^ny wrote:
What is FLCL? I have that dvd but I just do not really understand it coz it feels like it doesnt really communicate with the audience...

Furi Kuri/Fooly Cooly/FLCL is a bit of a strange series for some. It's what I like to call (quoted from another user whose name I can't remember) "calculated insanity" or something like that.

With all of that zaniness and parody, it's no wonder someone would be totally confused. But to possibly clear some of that up for you, let's just say within all of that sci-fi mumbo jumbo and mayhem, therein lies a pretty good story.

Check here for a more in depth analysis. WARNING: SPOILERS!

http://oaf.anre.org/index.php

And welcome to the forums! Wink
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 26