• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Fantasy VII's Denzel Novel Confirmed to Get Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LiuXuande

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:52 pm Reply with quote
In the grim unlikelyhood we'll get Advent Children: Complete stateside... like all other special editions (KHFM, KHIIFM+, FFX International...) that never made it >.<

Here's to hoping nonetheless; please Squeenix?
evening

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:31 pm Reply with quote
LiuXuande wrote:
In the grim unlikelyhood we'll get Advent Children: Complete stateside... like all other special editions (KHFM, KHIIFM+, FFX International...) that never made it >.<

It would also be nice if we got "Last Order" as well for this release.
adam_omega

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:01 pm Reply with quote
evening wrote:
LiuXuande wrote:

It would also be nice if we got "Last Order" as well for this release.

Actually... we DID get "Last Order" in the states. It was included in the "Final Fantasy VII - Advent Children (Limited Edition Collector's Set)" that came out here back in Feb '07. The set also has a book that has a translation of two of the "On the Way to a Smile" stories.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Well that's a good sign that it might make it over here.
Jarmel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Here's a question, does this have english subtitles? I was looking at a retailer and it seemed that they implied it.
sepherest

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Eh, I'm still not interested in getting it.
I'd love it if they did more for a different FF game but...meh, whatever.
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:19 pm Reply with quote
adam_omega wrote:

Actually... we DID get "Last Order" in the states. It was included in the "Final Fantasy VII - Advent Children (Limited Edition Collector's Set)" that came out here back in Feb '07. The set also has a book that has a translation of two of the "On the Way to a Smile" stories.

Thank you for posting this! I was wondering about Last Order...
MarzGurl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Square, please... please... PLEASE! stop beating with a stick the dead horse that is Final Fantasy VII. You can barely get your continuity straight as it is without Sakaguchi (who by the way WROTE the piece that you're grinding into the ground). Show some respect for the dead, why don't you (by dead, I mean FF7)!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:13 pm Reply with quote
MarzGurl wrote:
Square, please... please... PLEASE! stop beating with a stick the dead horse that is Final Fantasy VII. You can barely get your continuity straight as it is without Sakaguchi (who by the way WROTE the piece that you're grinding into the ground). Show some respect for the dead, why don't you (by dead, I mean FF7)!

^this. Square really needs to move on and spend more time on improving the future FF franchise. We all know X-2, XI and XII sucked. With the XIII next in line, it will either spell a death sentence for the franchise or be absolutely fantastic. I am currently leaning to former unfortunately. Not really impressed with XII so far since it looks TOO much like XII. XIII versus is still okay, but we haven't heard anything about that for a while now.
Splash

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Jarmel wrote:
Here's a question, does this have english subtitles? I was looking at a retailer and it seemed that they implied it.

From what I read, they're including the English AUDIO track of Advent Children on the bluray, but subtitles are in Japanese only ._.;;; If that's been changed to include the English subs too, all the better.
Dunno about this anime though.

Either way, this'll be a pleasant addition since I preordered the Japanese bluray release with the FFXIII previews Very Happy

From the site linked in the article

Quote:
字幕(日本語)ON:OFF、音声:日本語・英語、画面サイズ16:9

Yep, 字幕 would be the subs and it only lists 日本語 for Japanese.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BleuVII

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Man, this release becomes a better deal with each news post. Our original information was that it would be an extended cut of Advent Children. Then they added the FFXIII demo. Then they showed a trailer of the new footage, showing how awesome it was. Then they added this. There's still a month left; let's see what else they can add.

And THEN I agree. Let FFVII rest.
Amaya no Hime

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:45 am Reply with quote
I'm just happy I'm getting anything FFVII related.

Now, please, animate the Tifa novel too!
Crackhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:16 am Reply with quote
First thought - Please stop calling these sequels, SE. If they were sequels I think we would see a resemblance. I still think the Cloud in advent children is a genetically altered clone of Cloud with a huge boost to his "Emo" stat.

I'm glad I'm not the only one getting tired of this stuff. I'll be the first to say I'm willing to pick up a PS3, although a cheap one, in order to play FFXIII. It does look quite good with every new update.

Even if Lightning is just a living reminder were being handed obsolete alternatives to an FF7 remake(Lightning is slightly based off of Cloud from my knowledge), assuming it's possible we get all the fanboys to stop whining about how the game needs to be remade simply for the purpose of porting it to PS3 with upped graphics and half-assed VAs, I'm still willing to bet this is going to be one of the best in the series.

That aside I'd love to buy the FFXIII demo w/ remastered Advent Children & extras. It sure beats playing through a full completion FF7 for the 11th time.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:21 am Reply with quote
Amaya no Hime wrote:

Now, please, animate the Tifa novel too!

And her boob! Razz

Crackhead wrote:

Even if Lightning is just a living reminder were being handed obsolete alternatives to an FF7 remake (Lightning is slightly based off of Cloud from my knowledge),

Well, lightnings do spring from clouds, heheh. Laughing

(Try the veal, and don't forget to tip your waitresses....)
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:04 am Reply with quote
Remember the days when each Final Fantasy only got ONE game per number? I sure miss those days. Now they're tacking more unnecessary retcons and screwy plot elements to their games just because they can milk the cow till the teets fall right off. I seriously think FF as a whole has gone way downhill since they put that punk Nomura in charge, so I'm eyeing XIII with a bit of trepidation, to be honest.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2