• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 3rd Annual Seiyū Award Winners Revealed

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kushala Daora

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:14 am Reply with quote
Wow...many people...knows about anime character seiyu a lot...I must study more hard? Hey, friends...lets pick another article...

Last edited by Kushala Daora on Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kushala Daora

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:14 am Reply with quote
Where is everybody at this time? I was so lonely...I hope i can discuss the other article well...'go with the flow' i heard...from unknown seiyuu was saying that...REI Ohtsuka...ever heard 'pink generation'?
2DOtaku

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:07 am Reply with quote
Aww, no sign of Mamiko Noto. Sad
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:31 am Reply with quote
i love Rie Kugimiya in Gintama. good for her.
minakichan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:47 am Reply with quote
Do we know what specific roles the seiyuus are getting the awards for this year?

I have to say that I care a lot more about Miyano, Hirano, Paku and Fukuyama, but grats to the winner =)
Amaya no Hime

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:27 am Reply with quote
Love all of this years winners Very Happy

But, once again, they haven't listed any specific roles.
Does anyone know when the winner of the overseas category is going to be announced?
Mysticmidnightmaiden

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:37 am Reply with quote
Glad to see Kamiya recognized. His Takemoto sold Honey and Clover for me. It probably helped that he now plays a hyper-depressed teacher and a (trap? lol) mobile suit pilot, too...

Kugimiya may get typecast a lot, but you gotta admit she practically set the standard for tsundere voices. And, when she's not pigeon-holed, she's got a pretty decent range to boot.

I'm glad for Megumi Nakajima's recognition as well. Too much May'n and Maya/Yoko Kanno hype drowned out her voice in Macross Frontier, imo... (in b4 fan rage)

FukuJun needs to chillax now. I know actors work for a living (no wai), but his roles are starting to sound all the same (either shota-range or Lelouch-range). Maybe he needs a vacation, lol...
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:52 am Reply with quote
Kushala Daora wrote:
Where is Rie tanaka? I hope...he's the favorite female 'seiyuu'...suigintou, lacus clyne, chi...they're the best chara' in my school..

Rie Tanaka, to my knowledge, didn't have many "memorable" or good roles this past year...The unofficial Touhou anime and horrendous Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka, both of which she played very minor roles. As Maria in Hayate no Gotoku, she didn't get the good part from the manga, which will hopefully come this spring in the second season. Minna from Strike Witches, Yuri in Toradora!, Mariabelle in Yozakura Quartet, and Sayara from Mnemosyne are the only other ones I remember from this past year.

aka, nowhere near the level of awesomeness she had with Chi from Chobits, Lacus from Gundam Seed, or Suigintou from Rozen Maiden.

Quote:
i love Rie Kugimiya in Gintama. good for her.

She had so many roles this past year it's ridiculous and awesome at the same time. Miharu in Nabari no Ou, Taiga in Toradora!, Kagura in Gintama, Yuuhi in Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka, Nagi in Hayate no Gotoku, Shana in Shakuga no Shana II, Touko in Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th Season, Misaki in Kemeko DX!, Izuna in Kurogane no Linebarrels, Nena in Gundam 00, Mimi in Mnemosyne, Mizore in both Rosario + Vampire, Louise in Zero no Tsukaima, and there are a whole bunch of other supporting roles...

yeah long list and this is just from stuff I've seen. What an epic year it was for her. Queen of Tsundere is all I can really say and she can play the yandere too Very Happy

Quote:
Do we know what specific roles the seiyuus are getting the awards for this year?

Look at the Kugimiya list...I don't think it's necessary lol. These are my guesses though:
Jun Fukuyama got it most likely for his role as Lelouch in Code Geass
Megumi Nakajima got it for Macross Frontier (surprised that May'n didn't get this and Nakajima didn't get it for Best New Actress)
Aya Endo probably got it for Sheryl Nome in Macross Frontier and Miyuki from Lucky Star OVA.
Hiroshi Kamiya got it from "Young Brother" Bleach Fade to Black, Tieria from Gundam 00, Louis from Tytania, Nozomu from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, and Takashi from Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou
Kazuhiko Inoue got it from Kakashi in Naruto, Nyanko in Natsume Yuujinchou.
Tomokazu Sugita for Sakata in Gintama, Reiji in Kodomo no Jikan Very Happy, Leon from Macross Frontier, Aureolus from To Aru Majutsu no Index.
Miyuki Sawashiro for Chie in Eve no Jikan, Reika from Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun, Landlady from Hidamari Sketch, Tsugumi from Kannagi, Shinkuro from Kurenai, Satoru from Kurogane no Linebarrel, Jun from Natsume Yuujinchou, Asako from Toshokan Sensou, Jun from Persona, Yoru from Shugo Chara!, Perrine from Strike Witches, Kotoha from Yozakura Quartet, Maria from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Nobuhiko Okamoto for Shin in Persona, Haruka in Sekirei, Musashi from Shugo Chara!, Accelerator from To Aru Majutsu no Index
Yuuki Kaji for Finny in Kuroshitsuji and Akina from Yozakura Quartet
Kana Asumi for Yuno in Hidamari Sketch, Yukari in Sekirei, Sumae in Rosario + Vampire CAPU2, Ran in Shugo Chara, and Hyouka from To Aru Majutsu no Index.
Haruka Tomatsu for Nagi in Kannagi, Emuemu and Mei from Kemeko DX!, Chiaki from Kyouran Kazoku Nikki, Mileina from Gundam 00 Second Season, Touka from Yozakura Quartet, Shiho from Zettai Karen Children, and Lala from To Love-Ru

Basically it's hard to pinpoint exactly what role for each seiyuu unless they've done one like Megumi Nakajima or a notable role like Aya Endo or Jun Fukuyama. I see a Kannagi, To Aru Majutsu no Index, Gundam 00, and Macross Frontier trend. I'm surpised to see a Yozakura Quartet trend though O_O I could probably pinpoint a few other roles like Haruka's Nagi from Kannagi.....don't even start with Kugimiya though.

If anything, I'm surprised Nana Mizuki didn't get anything Sad let alone May'n...though May'n didn't seiyuu... Glad to see Kugimiya up there though along with Nakajima
mufurc

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Color me surprised. Rolling Eyes

Eh, I suppose this award is a nice way to draw attention to seiyuu work and whatnot, but it's such a blatant popularity contest. :/ Popular seiyuu playing popular characters in popular shows... Not that most of them are not talented and don't deserve an award, but... still.

Mysticmidnightmaiden wrote:
FukuJun needs to chillax now. I know actors work for a living (no wai), but his roles are starting to sound all the same (either shota-range or Lelouch-range). Maybe he needs a vacation, lol...

I've been growing more and more disappointed in Fukuyama lately. He was great as Albert in Gankutsuou, but none of his later performances compare. (Sure, it was a good role, but still.) Most of the time he either goes into shota mode or just hams it up.

(By the way, am I the only one who finds Kamiya's transformation from a dorky, not very handsome guy into his new form creepy?)
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:25 pm Reply with quote
mufurc wrote:
Color me surprised. Rolling Eyes

Eh, I suppose this award is a nice way to draw attention to seiyuu work and whatnot, but it's such a blatant popularity contest. :/ Popular seiyuu playing popular characters in popular shows... Not that most of them are not talented and don't deserve an award, but... still.

I've been growing more and more disappointed in Fukuyama lately. He was great as Albert in Gankutsuou, but none of his later performances compare. (Sure, it was a good role, but still.) Most of the time he either goes into shota mode or just hams it up.

(By the way, am I the only one who finds Kamiya's transformation from a dorky, not very handsome guy into his new form creepy?)

Akikan was a bad role for him. Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo on the other hand is fantastic.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:46 pm Reply with quote
awesome, i always thought Miyuki Sawashiro was underrated. Kana Asumi too. good to see i was wrong
bobber205

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Megumi Nakajima...

what a woman! Very Happy
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:03 pm Reply with quote
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

KAMIYAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I voted for him for best actor. .^_______^ SO happy that he won!!! The man is TALENTED. I've been on Kamiya high for the past few months. He's just sooooooooo amazing!

I'm sure Inoue is winning for Natsume Yuujinchou too. Nyanko sensei~~~ The way he changes tones between Nyanko sensei and Madara is excellent, and he's a veteran so he certainly deserves this award.

Yay for Kaji Yuuki too. His voice is really cute and I definitely enjoy him as Finny in Kuroshitsuji.

Sugita~~

Congrats to the winners!
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

KAMIYAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I voted for him for best actor. .^_______^ SO happy that he won!!! The man is TALENTED. I've been on Kamiya high for the past few months. He's just sooooooooo amazing!

I'm sure Inoue is winning for Natsume Yuujinchou too. Nyanko sensei~~~ The way he changes tones between Nyanko sensei and Madara is excellent, and he's a veteran so he certainly deserves this award.

I AGREEEEEEEEEE!!! I'm happy that Kamiya and Inoue got awards!! If only they would come to an American anime-con (like Otakon)! I love them in Natsume Yuujinchou!
pparker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Kugimiya may get typecast a lot, but you gotta admit she practically set the standard for tsundere voices. And, when she's not pigeon-holed, she's got a pretty decent range to boot.

I don't have a great ear for voices, but it still amazes me when I discover her in a role sometimes. I wouldn't have recognized her as Misaki in Kemeko DX, though she stole every one of her scenes. She can assume a persona and develop a unique voice with the best of them. I thought she was type-cast as the tsundere until I looked at her credits and watched other shows.

Her performance in Toradora! is almost eerie, like I feel with Robert De Niro sometimes (Awakenings). She's taken another lead tsundere role, with her 3 top roles still playing or popular (and the unfortunate Akane-Iro ni Somaru Saka makes 5), and created an entirely unique character--a truly different person from all her other roles. Past the first 3 or 4 episodes, I never heard--or I lost awareness of--Louise or Shana in her voice. Given the writing is so superb, still Taiga is distinctly herself and barely resembles a tsundere at all now. I like all her characters to some degree, but Taiga has taken solid first place. She is at the top of her game.

And, we have more Nagi coming soon!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3