• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Code Geass R2, Naruto Go on Hiatus on U.S. TV

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:28 pm Reply with quote
lol, is it because of bad rating? I find it crazy to stop the show in the middle of the season.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:32 pm Reply with quote
They have a contract they have to finish them some way and both Bandai and Funi seem to be unhappy about the whole CN/AS thing anyway so all I can say is.... Here we go again Rolling Eyes
hikaru004

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Yep, pretty weird to do this sort of thing now.

My condolences to the fans of those titles.
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:37 pm Reply with quote
That's just... well... crazy. As far as Bandai goes, just put Code Geass R2 onto dvd and get it to the fans that way.
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:41 pm Reply with quote
I still say we need a All Anime Channel on Basic Cable that would all this. FUNimation, Bandai, Viz, and ADV Can make this happen they have enough anime to do it and we can get anime to america faster this way. Like Bandai licensed Kurokami wanted to play it the same day Japan played it they put in on a Channel NOBODY has so its a watch. And they could do CM's for there anime DVD's they'll sell more and anime will become alot more Popular than it is now. but no one likes good ideas. So we will suffer until someone grows a brain.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bond007mgm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Sucks that its not 2 new episodes of Bleach back to back...
BunnyCupCakes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Maybe they're doing it to piss off the anime fans again, lol. I dunno.

It's Adult Swim. They like that kind of humor unless something happened? O.o
Bleh to Bleach.

EDIT: A whole channel devoted to anime on basic/regular television sounds like a nice idea but anime is still too much of a niche marketing to do that.

And the economy is bad. Alot of businesses are wary on stepping outside the line.
-sigh-

Last edited by BunnyCupCakes on Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
Like Bandai licensed Kurokami wanted to play it the same day Japan played it they put in on a Channel NOBODY has so its a watch. And they could do CM's for there anime DVD's they'll sell more and anime will become alot more Popular than it is now. but no one likes good ideas. So we will suffer until someone grows a brain.

Ahem... I have that channel. I don't like Kurokami though so I guess it's a waste.

Edit: Off to the AS message board to watch them cry and complain.

Last edited by zanarkand princess on Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Ahem... I have that channel. I don't like Kurokami though so I guess it's a waste.

You don't like it but other people might. I think it looks Epic. I haven't seen it yet but looks epic! and how do you have that Channel?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Josh7289

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:48 pm Reply with quote
I believe this marks the death of anime on TV. The last straw, I guess you could say.

That said, does anyone actually think Adult Swim will keep airing new episodes of Bleach after these fillers are over?
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:56 pm Reply with quote
My personal opinion is that Bandai is simply waiting to get the DVD video from their japanese counterpart since Bandai uses the DVD video and not the TV video which has worse animation, and more unintentional comedy.

Considering that I watch Code Geass for the unintentional comedy, I just wish they would use the TV version.
Lemoncookies23

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:56 pm Reply with quote
I'm not worried. I'm buying all these shows AS is messing with anyway (Bleach, Geass, Moribito).

At least Bleach will finally get past the filler arc sooner and onto the manga storyline!

Last edited by Lemoncookies23 on Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
Quote:

You don't like it but other people might. I think it looks Epic. I haven't seen it yet but looks epic! and how do you have that Channel?

I meant it was a waste for me to have it as opposed to someone who does like Kurokami
and I just have the channel by chance. There is an Asian American population around where I live so I guess a Asian pop culture channel fits. Plus it's nice waking up in the middle of the night and hearing Girls on Top being preformed sometimes I guess.

Oh and lol at the fact that they are just realizing at thee AS boards that CG was re start and not airing new episodes.
bahamut623

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Doesn't sound like much to be worried about. The fact they'll be showing two each week is a sign that they want to keep showing it. It's probably just that Bandai's fallen behind on the dub a bit.
RoverTX

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:01 pm Reply with quote
They kept posting the TV numbers and Code Geass and Bleach keep beating out Tim and Eric awesome show and its ilk, which you would think is a good thing, but as I understand it the anime shows are attracting the wrong demographic (ie 13-18) instead of (18-26) or at least that's their reasoning for trying to push aside Code Geass, Moribito, and Bleach.

Then again they may be having a hard time getting the rights to new anime so they are trying to stretch out what they got currently and are saving Moribito till after Geass is over, while at the same time trying to stretch Geass out..... but I think I might be giving them to much credit for thinking that.

(Sorry for my butchering of the spelling of Moribito and will look for those numbers.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7