• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kadokawa to Stream Haruhi TV Anime on YouTube in April

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:54 am Reply with quote
I suppose that's nice, but is it necessary? Most people who about Haruhi care saw it three years ago, or bought the DVDs two years ago. And by this point, that should be over 90% of the anime fanbase.
Jarmel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:02 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
I suppose that's nice, but is it necessary? Most people who about Haruhi care saw it three years ago, or bought the DVDs two years ago. And by this point, that should be over 90% of the anime fanbase.

Yep that about sums it up. Now I suppose the few people who haven't seen it now have no excuse really(unless you don't live in Japan I guess).
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:04 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

I guess there are still people who think it's gonna be a re-airing, huh?

KyoAni's most recent announcement gives me no trust in them, so I'm going with my 'own' views that they're planning to stream Disappearance and broadcast it onto youtube.

But I bet fansubs will still go on for those who want it high quality.

Though, just put it in HQ format on youtube and I'm happy.

Whether it will actually be a reairing or not, still awesome. Kadokawa's making some really good moves recently, first Haruhi chan and Nyoro~n Churuya/Tsuruya-san and now this. Thumbs up of approval here.

Last edited by Kyogissun on Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:06 am Reply with quote
I own the complete Collection. and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei is 1000x's better than Haruhi.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:32 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
90%? yeah right....id say at MOST 30%..as overrated as it is i think most people just pretended to like it as much as they claimed they did because it was the "thing" to do...i always thought it was vastly overrated but still good...not worth my money tho
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:36 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
90%? yeah right....id say at MOST 30%..as overrated as it is i think most people just pretended to like it as much as they claimed they did because it was the "thing" to do...i always thought it was vastly overrated but still good...not worth my money tho

A 14 episode show is easy to watch, but will they stream it for everyone, or just Japan? If it's only Japan, then I don't see the need. For America, I guess it's a nice gesture, but a little late.

Last edited by walw6pK4Alo on Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:06 am Reply with quote
Don't you see? It's Kadokawa's conspiracy involving trying to revive the series, because they can never get season 2 off the ground!

Seriously speaking though, I don't know if this will help much. The series is in fact three years old, and the only new thing they've been able to put out so far is Haruhi-chan. And if it's Japan only, well good luck.
z7q2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:23 am Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
I own the complete Collection. and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei is 1000x's different than Haruhi.

FTFY Very Happy

Really, both are excellent anime achieving different goals.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ConanSan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:55 am Reply with quote
Let's see, this isn't a confirmed thing like DBK,

It needs more "It's a realy thing", like DBK.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:35 am Reply with quote
Well, hopefully it does stream in Japanese with English subtitles, since I'm possibly one of the few people that haven't seen the show and want to watch it. =P I've seen the first episode and plan to buy the first novel for my birthday, and if this does stream with the subtitles, I'll be extremely happy since it'll be like a little extra birthday surprise for me. Anime hyper
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:51 am Reply with quote
A friend of mine used to be a really big fan of Haruhi. That was until KyoAni dropped the ball and most likely won't release a second season for two to four more years.

This show once was really popular, but that was almost two to three years ago. I usually don't say this but, for once I can understand why the fans are angery and the fact the anger is justified.
Lonecow

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:20 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

I get sick of hearing people like this, just as I'm sure they get sick of hearing how great Haruhi is.

Just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean it is overrated. I watched Haruhi without even knowing the premise or that it was so popular and it is my favorite anime now, right after Evangelion (another popular anime that gets fanboys saying "overrated" all the time).

Is it so hard to digest that the show might be popular because it is really good?
Tyrenol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:10 am Reply with quote
Lonecow wrote:
I get sick of hearing people like this, just as I'm sure they get sick of hearing how great Haruhi is.

Just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean it is overrated. I watched Haruhi without even knowing the premise or that it was so popular and it is my favorite anime now, right after Evangelion (another popular anime that gets fanboys saying "overrated" all the time).

Is it so hard to digest that the show might be popular because it is really good?

It's okay, pal. Just take a deep breath... Get a hold of yourself... Let it go through your system... And just repeat to yourself, "I'm missing the point. I'm missing the point."

Whatever's "popular" will NEVER be "good."

"Good" and "popular" are indirectly proportional.

And Haruhi? It could be that "Yamakan sacked for calling Clannad characters cockroaches" re-broadcast Haruhi or that "OMG Season 2" Haruhi. It's not gonna matter.

The only people who care about it now are the "Haru-heads;" those screaming bobblehead otaku-tachi who think Haruhi's their God, Clannad's their "life," and have NOTHING positive to offer in reality.

AND. That Haruhi show belongs in the "Overrated" barrel with Evangelion and their ilk. Arrow
Lonecow

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:23 am Reply with quote
Actually I wasn't upset until you went on your little hissy fit just now. I even said they frustrate me as much as the other way around. You all just think you can pop into any thread and say , "Overrated! Overrated!" and you think it can change people's minds.

That is the major problem with fanboy/otaku culture. We are already a culture that revels in a form of entertainment that only we like, and don't like it if it becomes popular. And within our own group, if we have stand out series that reach a broader appeal a few of us think it is cool for us the cast that show aside and say it is "overrated", so that we can stand out.

Haruhi is a good show. Evangelion is a good show. You can tell yourself it isn't, and thats fine, and you can scream to the heavens on all message boards insisting that it is overrated. It doesn't make it so one way or another. You complaining about me saying something is good, is the same as you saying it is overrated.

Why would you even click on a thread about Haruhi if the show didn't garner your interest in some fashion anyway?

A) You came here to troll because you can't comprehend why a show you didn't like is so popular.

B) You don't like the show on the surface, but something about it still compels you to learn more about it.

Also even if you don't like Evangelion, if you deny it's importance in the anime you should just never say an opinion about anime ever again, because you obviously don't understand that 90% of what you watch post Eva, is influenced by it in some way, in the same manner a film student who denies the importance of Citizen Kane should drop out of film school.
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:07 am Reply with quote
Another thing is they may air and stream the show in its original debut order rather then the chronological order for fans who missed out on that unique experience.

Lonecow, just leave it alone. Tyrenol is a type who likes picking intranet fights. His points have merit but he never really presents them without putting down the other points of views. Like you have to see past his comments for the bits of truth in them but at the same time he puts up a really big, unnesscary wall whose sole purpose is to entice an argue to help fluff up his ego to see who battles better on the internet; rather then help you see any truth in the meanings of his statement and his point of view.

In any case I love the series. Am I a bit embarrassed for those people who are crazy about Haruhi and breath her night and day while screaming moe~ and doing the ending dance? Yeah quite a bit but to each his/her own. That won't stop me from liking the series and enjoying myself when I need a laugh. Of course I like Shonen series too and, because of school and otakuism, have become desensitized to boobies so I'm not sure where that puts me in the American Otaku Heirarchy.

Last edited by TatsuGero23 on Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3