• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fushigi Yuugi: Genbu Kaiden's Return Pushed to Spring 2010

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:36 am Reply with quote
Watase Yuu has always been a workaholic, so I'm not surprised that she's been forced to stop. I'm sad that it's the Genbu Kaiden schedule that will be hurt but we're used to waiting for that, I suppose.

Maybe for once the slow Viz release will work in our favour, if vol 9 won't be coming out for awhile anyway. It will spead out the waiting period.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:43 am Reply with quote
I would think if she's having physical condition problems, why not stop all work, that way she can get better faster and start up on everything again? I guess she doesn't have the saving graces of her name like some manga artists who can take as long as they want to write something, or take a break.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:02 am Reply with quote
I'm sorry that she's ill. She seems to talk about various illnesses throughout the various manga volumes.

Obviously, she does overwork herself. Too bad her editor doesn't encourage her to slow down and rest.

Get better soon, Watase-san, because I really want to see the rest of Genbu Kaiden.
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:48 am Reply with quote
Man, this totally sucks! I've been following scanlations and have been waiting for chapter 32 since last summer -I've bought up to vol. 6 and intend to buy the rest of the series BTW- The last chapter that she released ended with a wicked cliffhanger, so it will be agonizing waiting to see what will happen from there.

But of course, getting well should be her priority over quenching our thirst for more Genbu Kaiden. I also intend to buy the artbook that will be released this summer to show my support for her and the series.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Wow, she's too young to be so ill. I hope this doesn't affect her "How-to-draw" series, too, but I hope she gets better soon.
EdoRocksMySocks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Aww, I didn't realize she was so ill. Sad I hope she feels better soon. I've only read up to volume 6 of Genbu Kaiden so I might put off getting the other ones to make the series last longer.

Please get better Miss Watase! I'll pray for good health.

(Anyone know if that artbook is being released here in the states too?)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

I second this.

Fushigi Yuugi is still one of the better manga out there at the moment. It's sad to see it delayed, but it's better than having the author work herself to death.
aluria

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
Quote:

I second this.

Fushigi Yuugi is still one of the better manga out there at the moment. It's sad to see it delayed, but it's better than having the author work herself to death.

My thoughts exactly. She's always been my favourite mangaka. I await in eager anticipation for the resume of Genbu Kaiden.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AQVXZ11

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:35 pm Reply with quote
I hope this does not mean that Arata will end...
Umai_Mouri

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:38 pm Reply with quote
With her uncle passing away and her mother's hospitalization not too long ago, I'm sure she's emotionally burned out as well. I'm going to assume that once she finishes up with Sakura Gari, which she's working hard on and is her first priority to finish at the moment, she'll get back on track with FYGK.

Watase Fighting!!! <333
sakuramusicstar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:53 pm Reply with quote
I don't mind to wait a little longer. Just let her take her time getting herself back together and in full health again.
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:50 am Reply with quote
EdoRocksMySocks wrote:
(Anyone know if that artbook is being released here in the states too?)

Oops, I meant the fanbook! Though I'd be elated if Watase-sensei would ever get to release an artbook for Genbu Kaiden.

The fanbook is majorly in-depth info on the plot and the characters that might never occurred to the readers while reading the series. Viz has already released artbooks for Fushigi Yuugi and Ceres, but they have yet to release a fanbook for any of the series that they licensed. This fanbook can currently be bought from Japanese retailers like Amazon.co.jp and such.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:57 am Reply with quote
Think of it this way, she may be ill right now, but she ALWAYS finishes what she's writing.

Unlike a certain other group who has at least two unfinished titles dangling in the wind...for several years now.

EDIT: Fixed my lousy spelling.

Last edited by LydiaDianne on Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:49 pm Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:
Watase Yuu has always been a workaholic, so I'm not surprised that she's been forced to stop. I'm sad that it's the Genbu Kaiden schedule that will be hurt but we're used to waiting for that, I suppose.

Maybe for once the slow Viz release will work in our favour, if vol 9 won't be coming out for awhile anyway. It will spead out the waiting period.

that i never knew. A lot of people said that,but never believed it cause eventually they'll get completely drained for too long. Hope she gets better preety soon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mika Miaka

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:19 am Reply with quote
I had no idea she was ill, I hope for a speedy recovery.

I just recently completed a viewing of Fushigi Yuugi (the first series), and was really blown away by how entertaining and enjoyable the series was.

Bravo to the talented lady. :O Smile

*can't wait until Genbu Kaiden comes out* Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1