• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun Manga's Anime Green-Lit

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taiyz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:49 pm Reply with quote
I'm a big fan of Index, but I can't help but point out that the series has thus far focused more on Misaka...Either way, it's great to have a continuation; I was wondering if these would be animated or not.

I'm figuring that a second anime series based on the regular novels will be announced at the end of Railgun's.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Big Hed

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Well, anything with the word railgun in its title has my attention, if not my genuine interest. I might check out an episode of this.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:11 am Reply with quote
I'm only mildly impressed with the original series, but Railgun getting her own spin-off? Awesome!
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:14 am Reply with quote
Well, Railgun > Index. But really, I'm getting tired of JCStaff. "It's all the same shit" is definitely turning into a reality at this point. At least this'll have more BiriBiri, less annoying nun. My only complaint is that Index featured Railgun for almost half the damn show already, so will this anime feature more stuff than what we already saw?

Last edited by walw6pK4Alo on Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Jedi General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:30 am Reply with quote
While I'd much prefer a spin-off featuring Kaori Kanzaki (or Accelerator), I'll probably still watch the Railgun spin-off. Index has its share of flaws, but it has been entertaining enough throughout the 20+ episodes I've watched.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:47 am Reply with quote
Wait so index isn't in this? FAIL!!!!!!!

J.C.Staff give us a Toradora! Sequel!!! The first season is almost over!

Toradora! 2!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Splitter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:52 am Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:

Toradora! 2!!!!

They've already confirmed their making these final episodes of Toradora! to match with the outline for the final Toradora! book. In short, there will be no sequel.
zerome

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:53 am Reply with quote
Since they are making this side story into an anime, does that mean there may be a second season 2 the current story, some time after the side story is completed?
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:59 am Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:

Toradora! 2!!!!

Only regular fail and not epic fail? Or is epic implied by the seven exclamation points?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:03 am Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:

Toradora! 2!!!!

Having shows continue right when another lets off is really probably a little stressful for a company, and strains the otaku as well. Most studios seem to just be splitting the show up over a few seasons to let some DVD sales come in first. Even Sunrise is doing it now like with Gundam 00, and almost all of their mecha shows have always just been 47-50 episodes straight.
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:26 am Reply with quote
Splendid, absolutely marvelous! I'm loving every episode of the To Aru Majutsu no Index anime so far, and I've been meaning to check out the Railgun manga. But this is even better!

Personally, I don't care so much for Miss Nun herself. Index hasn't even been in her own series that much, and that hasn't done anything to detract from my enjoyment of it. Perhaps they should've called it "To Aru Fukou no Touma", though. At any rate, I'm delighted to see more of Kuroko. Embarassed
joystick1101

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:52 am Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
While I'd much prefer a spin-off featuring Kaori Kanzaki (or Accelerator).

O heck yea Kanzaki just oozes cool Cool and Accelerator is just badass Anime hyper .
Xanas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:52 am Reply with quote
I'm definitely up for it. I really like the show we've got going and look forward to more.

Others may be getting tired of J.C. Staff but I'm definitely not one of them.
Cold-NiTe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:55 am Reply with quote
Ai no Kareshi wrote:
Splendid, absolutely marvelous! I'm loving every episode of the To Aru Majutsu no Index anime so far, and I've been meaning to check out the Railgun manga. But this is even better!

Personally, I don't care so much for Miss Nun herself. Index hasn't even been in her own series that much, and that hasn't done anything to detract from my enjoyment of it. Perhaps they should've called it "To Aru Fukou no Touma", though. At any rate, I'm delighted to see more of Kuroko. Embarassed

I don't dislike Index at all really, but I have to say I agree with this. She's essentially a side character in story which she is the namesake of and this is because she's largely just the motivation for Touma to go out and kick some ass. Touma is a fantastic character and if there is any of him in this new spin off starring Misaka, then I'd happily endorse it. Likewise I really hope we see more of the Accelerator. His character is actually developing within the confines of the show, considering the initial role they gave him. I generally don't watch shows like this to gawk at the women, so I haven't really paid much attention to them, other than as blank objects to move the plot along e.g. "Save X" or "Protect Y" or "Delve into the supposed emotional trauma of Z", and that's all well and good since I don't care about them but Misaka actually stands a chance as a main character because she has some sense. If they had tried to pass off any other female as a main character it would have been a charade unless they took a really serious approach and introduced some depth to them. As a character, Misaka has a lot of possibilities when taken from the perspective of a role shift, into the main protagonist slot. I hope that shift is given due respect.

Likewise, the original series is named after Index, but considering how very few times she actually takes any proactive action as opposed to just waiting on Touma to get things done pretty much guarantees that he is the one we expect to follow and retain interest in, in any given episode.
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:17 am Reply with quote
We seem to be in agreement on a lot of things regarding this show, Cold-NiTe. Like you, I don't dislike Index either, it just doesn't bother me that Touma is stealing the show – he is indeed a much more interesting character (likewise for Mikoto and Accelerator). Frankly, as long as they maintain the current level of storytelling quality, it doesn't much matter to me who they consider the protagonist.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3