• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Add Chi's, Mainichi Kāsan, Saki Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Splitter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:41 am Reply with quote
Now when they say Chi's Sweet Home, do they mean S2 as well?
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:43 am Reply with quote
I would probably assume both.

In any case, I'm a little disapointed by the list. While there are titles I'm interested in, I'm generally not too excited by it, even if a little happy. Hopefully there'll be more announced as we approach April.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:43 am Reply with quote
Alright, that means moe Akagi will get subs!

And I believe I watched the first two episodes of Glass Maiden when it started airing. I don't really remember it, except I sort of got a mild Witchblade feeling.

Last edited by walw6pK4Alo on Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Splitter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:50 am Reply with quote
ChibiGoku wrote:
I would probably assume both.

In any case, I'm a little disapointed by the list. While there are titles I'm interested in, I'm generally not too excited by it, even if a little happy. Hopefully there'll be more announced as we approach April.

I would too but I'd like confirmation

Well, the main site said expect more titles than last season, so no doubt this is only the beginning, rolling out the predictable and the inconsequential and such.
configspace

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:11 am Reply with quote
This is pretty good news. I've been meaning to check out Crystal Blaze/Glass Maiden. And with Saki, I'm glad they're starting to simulcast more shows right from the start, even the more niche shows. I hope there are supplemental notes explaining mahjong though.

I also wonder if CR will get the rest of the Black Jack franchise. More Osamu Tezuka is a good thing Very Happy
ConanSan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:55 am Reply with quote
They're apprently going to show Reborn too...
ScrappedAeon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:04 am Reply with quote
Awesome! I hope that means Chi's Sweet Home could be licensed eventually. Crunchyroll has really been on a roll lately.

/rimshot
LunarianWarrior

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:25 am Reply with quote
Omg I love Catman Very Happy I get to see it over again ^ _ ^ Oh yes and Reborn X3 Though, what I want to know is why are most of the anime in the site saying that they are licensed?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Josh7289

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, is that it, though?
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Oh Crunchyroll, you crack me. You say Chi's Sweet Home is a new addition, but I remember right, about one to two years ago, the series was on that website.

I'd know because before I quit Crunchyroll and deleted my account, I watched about twenty episodes. Of course they'll deny this, but its the truth. I really liked Chi's Sweet Home, shame its on Crunchyroll though.

Hopefully sometime in the near future we'll see Chi's Sweet Home licensed and with a English audio and subtitles as well.
bayoab

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Oh Crunchyroll, you crack me. You say Chi's Sweet Home is a new addition, but I remember right, about one to two years ago, the series was on that website.
Are we purposely trying to miss the point? It doesn't matter what was on there before. Almost all traces of what they were are gone. The point is they now have legal rights from TV Tokyo to put it up.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:40 pm Reply with quote
bayoab wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Are we purposely trying to miss the point? It doesn't matter what was on there before. Almost all traces of what they were are gone. The point is they now have legal rights from TV Tokyo to put it up.

I am not forgetting the point, but Crunchyroll wasn't exactly honest in the past. Because of their past, how much of what is being said now is truth and what isn't?
Splitter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
bayoab wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

I am not forgetting the point, but Crunchyroll wasn't exactly honest in the past. Because of their past, how much of what is being said now is truth and what isn't?

This is ridiculous. They're legally obligated now to be honest with their actions.
DFBTG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:04 pm Reply with quote
While Glass Maiden is certainly on my 'to watch' list, it's not all that high up there. Still, I'm rather pleased that it's being put up. Of course, if they were to put something up that I'd be more interested in seeing, I wouldn't complain. But, I'll just have to take what I can get.
Epona the Horsey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Yay for Chi's Sweet Home! I really hope this series gets licensed for US release. I'd definitely buy it. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2