• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Mushroom Samba

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raoh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:01 pm Reply with quote
I remember the Sphinx from Super Mario Land. After the fire balls not working three times in a row, I decided to jump on it, because it would either work or I would die, again.

A forgotten release for the week of 3-22 is Wanted: Weapons of Fate, which releases on 3-24, on Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and PC.
blind_assassin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Agoston wrote:
Dammit Nintendo, give us more Layton instead of those countless brain training games.

Hopefully fans won't have to spend seventeen years and counting waiting for Mother Three. If Mother Three look as fun and enjoyable as the the first Earthbound, I'd wonder why I am still waiting for almost two decades for a game that most likely won't ever come out.

Just "not" emulate it. A fan translation patch came out a while back so you can patch it and run it on a "not" emulator.
jeromeskee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:56 pm Reply with quote
SNK definitely needs to add more females to the cast of KOFXII. Only two out of the twenty are ladies, which is an unheard of ratio for a KoF game.

I think Elisabeth Blantorche will be included because she was shown on numerous promos when word of the game was just released. But I'm hoping that they'll add Blue Mary, Mai, and King (all fan-favorites), just to balance the roster out. Rugal's son, Adel, would also be a welcome addition, particularly because he fits into the storyline.

I don't think they'll add any NESTS saga characters, just to give more hype to their recently released KOF2002: Unlimited Match, but we'll see because K', Vanessa, and Kula Diamond are very popular characters.
BleuVII

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:01 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Image Epoch's Arc Rise Fantasia might fix that. It's being directed by Hiroyuki Kanemaru, who worked on the Tales series up to and including Symphonia, and there's a soundtrack by Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Cross, Xenogears), and a script by the writer of Tales of the Abyss. The characters even have a distinct look thanks to Kenichi Yoshida, who's showing off the style he established with Eureka Seven.

And suddenly, I'm instantly interested in this game.

Nice game stories, by the way. I'm surprised nobody brought up Ghouls N Ghosts.
FeralKat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:42 pm Reply with quote
I hope all the Professor Layton games come over here... Sad I absolutely loved it.
Showsni

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Professor Layton probably gives me an annoying computer game story, actually. Christmas was coming, so I bought my brother a copy, as he'd said he wanted it. I'd have bought myself one too, but I knew my Dad was buying me a copy for my birthday ( a few days after Christmas). Anyway, come my birthday and he gives me the game; and I can see at once something is not right. Comparing with my brother's legit. copy, I can see that the box is slightly wrong, the sticker on the game pak is slightly wrong, the plastic the pak is made of even feels wrong. The biggest clue is the instruction manual, though. Instead of containing instructions, it contains a review for the game. With pictures. Still with the Gamespot watermark on the pictures. Yes, they've just copied Gamespot's review, added pictures and formatted it like a manual. Well, I'm obviously wary of playing such a blatantly pirated game, but it seems to work okay. Perhaps it'll be fine. Over the next few days/weeks, I play through the game. I hunt down every single puzzle. I tap every inch of every screen for hint coins, but carefully never spend them. I get maximum marks for every puzzle, saving and reloading to retain my record if necessary. Finally, I think I must be reaching the end of the game. (Spoiler warning, possibly.) I've climbed to the top of the tower. I've found the Golden Apple. The game goes into a cut scene as I'm escaping down, and; freezes. Dead. I turn off, reload from the last save, and; freezes, at exactly the same point. Absolutely nothing I can do. I can never complete the stupid game because I can't get past this point. Auugh!

I've since been and bought a proper copy, but I haven't had the heart to complete it back up to the point I was at yet. Maybe when I've forgotten how to do the puzzles...
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:39 pm Reply with quote
BleuVII wrote:
Nice game stories, by the way. I'm surprised nobody brought up Ghouls N Ghosts.

Well, Ghost and ghouls was kind of an obivous choice and I'm sure a number of people used it as their story. But that game is just down right hard to the point of not being fun anymore. Asides from the Little Mermaid story all of those games are still fun once you got over and past those frustration parts and somewhere to someone it wasn't as bad for them as it was for these people.

Damn you Foot Clan with your alien allies and killer aquatic plantlife growing skills. They should have put some drowned foot soldiers in the seaweed too so you know it wasn't easy for them to plant the bombs in the first place. Honestly level 2 pretty much sucked my will to play that game sometimes. I still beat it but man. Frustrating. "No Donny! Don't go into the light! We must rescue our brother! 'What about Raph?' 'Screw Raph!" Ahh memories.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2