• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Animax Asia to Run 2009 Fullmetal Alchemist in Same Week as Japan

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Hed

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:46 am Reply with quote
I'm not finding any coherent language to express my reaction to this, so I'll just say: impressive.
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:53 am Reply with quote
I wonder if "Brotherhood" will remain the title throughout or if it'll change with the arcs. It works as the title of an arc, but it's a bit too specific to cover the entire series.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dante80

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:53 am Reply with quote
Thats the ticket. Very Happy
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:05 am Reply with quote
It's strange they would subtitle it "Brotherhood", since I always found that theme to be stronger in the first series than in the manga, which the second series will stay closer to.

Still looking forward to it, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
drdr48

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:09 am Reply with quote
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood?

Confused
drdr48

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:14 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
It's strange they would subtitle it "Brotherhood", since I always found that theme to be stronger in the first series than in the manga, which the second series will stay closer to.

...true.

In the manga Ed and Al could be gust a good friends and nothing in their relationship would have been change Confused
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:19 am Reply with quote
Also, I was hoping for "FMA 2: Alchemic Boogaloo".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
drdr48

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:00 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

although... you know... we never really got an actual confirmation that this new anima really going to stay closer to the manga. so... yes, father is there and the new characters design is more faithful to the manga, but we didn't get any actual approval for that and Personally i dont think it will be. why? because this new anima supposed to be "only" 51 episode long and there is no way it could contain all of the things from the manga in it.
leongsh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:34 am Reply with quote
YESSSSSS!!!

I get Animax Asia via my subscription to a satellite TV service. Even though Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood on Animax Asia will not be simulcast like Tears to Tiara, just being within a week behind the Japanese broadcast is good enough for me.
Cloud668

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:56 am Reply with quote
I think if they are gonna call it Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, they wouldn't be pronouncing it Hagane no Renkinjutsushi Fullmetal Alchemist every trailer thus far. Besides, Animax Asia kind of does that a lot when there aren't official English titles.
cnav

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:47 am Reply with quote
does animax asia include animax india too....
cnav

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:35 am Reply with quote
well they can always increase the number of episodes..its not like they cant...right...i know that this is gonna cross 50 episodes for sure..there is no doubting that....
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:14 am Reply with quote
drdr48 wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

although... you know... we never really got an actual confirmation that this new anima really going to stay closer to the manga. so... yes, father is there and the new characters design is more faithful to the manga, but we didn't get any actual approval for that and Personally i don't think it will be. why? because this new anima supposed to be "only" 51 episode long and there is no way it could contain all of the things from the manga in it.

For all we know, BONES will adopt the first half of the manga in this season, then finish the manga with a second season. Granted, it'll be the first time BONES has ever done a second season, but if there's one to start with, it would be FMA.
BleuVII

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:37 am Reply with quote
Now, how do we get these subtitles legally? Very Happy
Tofusensei

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:39 am Reply with quote
"A first for ANY broadcaster outside Japan, the elusive and unprecedented same-day-and-time premiere of Tears to Tiara marks a new standard in international anime broadcast pioneered by Animax-asia. "

Kurokami, anyone? Or is lying in press releases en vogue.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7