• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tokyo Anime Fair 2009 Blowout

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrianRuh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:06 am Reply with quote
According to Patrick Macias's blog, they were promoting the upcoming Redline film at the Tohokushinsha booth. Any thoughts on this one? I've been really looking forward to it.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:43 am Reply with quote
ANNTV is back! Personally I much prefer these videos to the streaming anime offerings of late.
Even though I'm not interested in many of the announcements made at this year's TAF, at least I can get a feel of what it's like to be there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
rhetoricalnoise

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:26 am Reply with quote
What you guys have done here is amazing! As a big dumb anime nerd, I am really grateful for all the time and energy spent producing this. Most here aren't able to attend TAF, but these videos and the great ANN staff commentary are definitely the next best thing.

Although I have to confess the first thing I did when I pulled up this article was scroll through both pages to see if there was any Studio 4°C coverage. And sadly there isn't. I'm dying to know if they had anything up for Sachiko, Koji Morimoto's next big feature.

Is there any possibility Studio 4°C coverage could be added later?

So far I've only watched the first video, so comments on that and then I'm going to spend the rest of the morning with the others.

It was great to see Mamoru Hosoda was there, and I am of course really looking forward to his Summer Wars movie. When I got my first glimpse at the art of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, I was a bit skeptical on how well Hosoda's no animation shading style would work with Yoshiyuki Sadamoto character designs, but that movie turned out beautifully. So happy to see these two teamming up again for another movie.

The two women, taking a peak under Alphonse's lioncloth got a huge LOL out of me. Laughing

Isn't that monkey with the big ears an old Russian Animation character? Wonder what he's doing at TAF? Confused
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:36 am Reply with quote
Studio 4°C actually didn't really have their own booth this year; rather they piggy-backed onto a partner's booth, whose main business was in 3D video projection. (They were showing some 3D Genius Party clips). No new data, and nothing substantial about any new projects. (I can't claim there was NOTHING on Sachiko, there's a chance I missed something.)
Cloe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:57 am Reply with quote
rhetoricalnoise wrote:
I'm dying to know if they had anything up for Sachiko, Koji Morimoto's next big feature.

You and me both. Sad I hope it's not another one of Koji Morimoto's phantom projects that we'll vaguely hear about for a while and eventually gets filed in the "not gonna happen after all" category. I first heard about it in early 2006, and the news I got back then was that it was slated for release in 2008. ^^;
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Primus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Can I has coverage on Metal Fight Beyblade? Laughing
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:07 pm Reply with quote
jsevakis wrote:
Studio 4°C actually didn't really have their own booth this year; rather they piggy-backed onto a partner's booth, whose main business was in 3D video projection. (They were showing some 3D Genius Party clips). No new data, and nothing substantial about any new projects. (I can't claim there was NOTHING on Sachiko, there's a chance I missed something.)

I can. I went and asked if they had any Sachiko material at all (they know me). They didn't.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:51 pm Reply with quote
This is the first time I've ever taken an interest in the newest shows airing in Japan and the first time I've tried keeping up with what's going on in Japan (the rise of simulcasting probably prompted me to do this). So if this year's TAF is scaled back, that's actually beneficial for me, since it's still all new to me and I won't get overwhelmed. Heheh.

Anyway, it's awesome to hear that the new FMA is just going to go forever, until the manga ends.

About DBZ Kai, is "40 percent less filler" some official statistic they gave?

Also, this again, hahaha; anime#10510 gj zac

Oh by the way, there are no Sengoku Basara games on PC. Only PS2, Wii, Arcade, and PSP.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Fullmetal Alchemist 2 (airs 04-05) – Essentially a “do over”, this new FMA series will follow the manga closely; the show has no set number of episodes and is expected to run as long as the manga, which has yet to end.

actually the manga's almost over. it should be ending in another 5 issues or so.
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:03 pm Reply with quote
are you sure NHK was describing Kobato? reading the subtitles as he was describing the show, it didn't sound like the plot to Kobato at all >:

and I am excited about Umi no Monogatari/Sea Story coming in the summer. I hope its good and gets licensed soon. X3
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Here's hoping we'll soon get to see this full trailer for the Evangelion 2.0 film!
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:49 pm Reply with quote
I'm just going to come out and say the shojo series are the one's that make me the most excited. But FMA going on until the manga ends? That's just really cool and it's good to know that the E7 movie has a new storyline, but does it take place during the series or after?

Oh and I also want to see this new Eva 2.0 trailer.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:19 pm Reply with quote
It looked to me like there was some kind of adware in the Pierrot video. Maybe you guys could check that up?
Zivil

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:05 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
It looked to me like there was some kind of adware in the Pierrot video. Maybe you guys could check that up?

Ditto; actually it happened to me on the Pierrot, Toho, and NHK video spots. Seemed to be some javascript thingy; two were those annoying blinking "Upgrade Your Anti-virus" ads, and I forgot what the other one was. It might actually be time to upgrade my malware programs.

I just reloaded the page and all three were from clickpulse360.com.
BrianaTheBard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:06 pm Reply with quote
So I've seen rumors of a Lupin III vs. Detective Conan OAV... any hints there?

So it's confirmed, the new FMA is going to be a retelling based more on the manga. Not sure exactly how this is supposed to pan out, but the idea intrigues me and I'll still watch it.

Is it just me or when the companies get something that makes them a lot of money, they just keep retelling the story over and over again? FMA, Eureka 7, and, basically, Lucky Star with K-ON!

Still, I really love how ANN gave us a peek at what the panels look like. Thanks a lot!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3