• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Dragonball Evolution

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Paranoia Phantom wrote:
I don't think any amount of time spent on here would make him funny.

Then you have a certain branch of humor that you like, which isn't Zac humor. No appreciation for Zac humor can make you happy to read Zac's stuff then. It's as simple as that.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Paranoia Phantom wrote:

Yeah, those who don't bring bias into play when reviewing stuff.

Care to link me to your reviews so I can see the master at work?
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Is...is Zac actually fighting with a noob? Like, this has turned into an actual debate?

*makes self comfortable and grabs some caramel popcorn*

Better than Dragonball Evolution and its free. Very Happy
Paranoia Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Just imagine your reviews, but, like the opposite; something with intelligence, respect, and an unbiased attitude.

I could link you reviews that praised the film, if you'd like, since I haven't any on it, because I haven't seen it yet. That's why I haven't made any conclusive thesis's towards the film. What you say very well may be true, but even so, the way you delivered it in your review was terrible.

Quote:

Is...is Zac actually fighting with a noob? Like, this has turned into an actual debate?

LAWL, NERD!!!11111SHIFT-1!!1
GTF0!

Quote:
Is there any need to be insulting the reviewer personally? So you don't agree with the reviewer's opinion. That's your right, but why not just agree to disagree? Seriously

He isn't exactly turning the other cheek....

Last edited by Paranoia Phantom on Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Shichimi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Is there any need to be insulting the reviewer personally? So you don't agree with the reviewer's opinion. That's your right, but why not just agree to disagree? Seriously

Quote:

*makes self comfortable and grabs some caramel popcorn*

Better than Dragonball Evolution and its free. Very Happy

"What's his sarcasm level?"
"IT's OVER 9000!" Shocked
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:10 am Reply with quote
Paranoia Phantom wrote:
Quote:

Just imagine your reviews, but, like the opposite; something with intelligence, respect, and an unbiased attitude.

I could link you reviews that praised the film, if you'd like, since I haven't any on it, because I haven't seen it yet. That's why I haven't made any conclusive thesis's towards the film. What you say very well may be true, but even so, the way you delivered it in your review was terrible.

And you haven't exactly answered his question either. No links, just more of your "my REIVEIWS ARE BETTER THAN YOURS OMG!!" In order to get him to listen to you, link something. It's not that hard to do, since you've obviously read them. And yet again, you're not getting the point that Zac in a way wrote it as humorous as well.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:12 am Reply with quote
JesuOtaku wrote:

I blame the jetlag.

Quote:

If your next post isn't a link to one of your reviews then I'm going to ban you.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:23 am Reply with quote
Paranoia Phantom, could you please change your Avatar? You see, you are unfortunately giving Death Note fans a bad reputation. Well, we already have that, but there's no need to make it any worse, right?

Okay, thankyou.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:31 am Reply with quote
So, somebody is claiming that there is such thing as an unbiased review? How adorable.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Paranoia Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:35 am Reply with quote
Quote:
If your next post isn't a link to one of your reviews then I'm going to ban you.

I don't have a review based on the film. I never did. I haven't seen it. I know I've said that before. But ban me, if that's what you want. In all honesty, I really don't care, believe it, or not.

Quote:
No links, just more of your "my REIVEIWS ARE BETTER THAN YOURS OMG!!" In order to get him to listen to you, link something. It's not that hard to do, since you've obviously read them. And yet again, you're not getting the point that Zac in a way wrote it as humorous as well.

Look, fanboy, I said no such thing. I feel that his reviews are biased, and pretentious. That's all. No better, no worse.

Quote:
Paranoia Phantom, could you please change your Avatar? You see, you are unfortunately giving Death Note fans a bad reputation. Well, we already have that, but there's no need to make it any worse, right?

Okay, thankyou.

n00b.

Quote:

So, somebody is claiming that there is such thing as an unbiased review? How adorable.

Check Kotaku. It's pretty adorable.

Anyways, I'm done posting. I feel like I've said everything I've needed to say. Really, I've got better things to do.

I won't be reading any more responses, so if you're going to take the last punch, it'll go unnoticed.

Peace.
Xanas

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:57 am Reply with quote
He asked for any of your reviews, not a review of this specific film. You lose for lack of ability to read the posts of the person you are responding to while hammering away about his inability to write in a way you deem satisfactory.
Jadress

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:03 am Reply with quote
Paranoia Phantom wrote:

Quote:

Check Kotaku. It's pretty adorable.

Oh my god!! I was just sort of bemusedly watching this thread without getting involved, but then I hit this line and literally started cracking up out loud here at my computer. If you think Kotaku is a bastion of unbiased, responsible journalism... well... I guess that explains everything.

Apologies if this post doesn't add anything to the discussion.. that line just killed me. Anyway, I enjoyed Zac's review and after seeing the previews, I had no intentions of seeing this movie anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:05 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
I blame the jetlag.

I think I know which one would be preferred by Zac. And if he had to choose between the 12+ hour plane ride home or the movie, he would probably pick the former.
christian556

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:25 am Reply with quote
No_Life_Queen wrote:
In the first place, you can't make a movie adapted from an anime about giant monkeys and magic balls and expect it to actually be good! Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Dragonball but it's one anime that no one should have ever made a movie out of.

Off hand it's gonna be bad when your basing it off of giant alien monkeys, greenmen, perverted old martial arts masters, and talking animals. I mean come on. Does it sound like something you'd want to watch?

The anime has more depth to it and usually when it's made into a film, it's only in for the money and no real feel for the original. So of course it's gonna be bad.

Actually yes it does sound like something I want to see...because I will

And please no one read the kotaku "Rumor"about the game... it isnt true Kotaku tries to belittle this movie all the time while licking Deathnotes ass same for animeinsider
which are both run by the dorkiest people ever (I only read AI because I get it for free a month after it comes out when they get the now ones)
christian556

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:52 am Reply with quote
Quote:

no one needs to make fun of death note
the fans do that for them

they are always the lanky emo kids who go to the hospital every other week or the short pudgy person that everyone wouldnt hate if they would just shut up about anime once in awhile

Also death note fans think its cute to sit like L

thats funny too
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 16 of 17