• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Offer 2009 Fullmetal Alchemist on April 9

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LordRedhand

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:17 am Reply with quote
Thank you! This has now become less of a non-issue than before, like I said it would.
Shadowlord

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:23 am Reply with quote
I'd be be fine with waiting four days for a legal release, but since I'm not in one of the mentioned countries, I'm pretty sure all streams won't be accessible from here. Damn, I really hate region locks!
From here, most of the Funimation's streams are locked so I bet this one will be region restricted, too.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:32 am Reply with quote
Well, now it's official! I can go to my laptop at noon this Thursday and see FMA: Brotherhood! WOOO HOOOOO!!! Very Happy

Big thanks to Funi for making this possible!

Last edited by LagannImpact on Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Sumit.S

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:36 am Reply with quote
Official confirmation of Ling and all the exclusive manga character's Appearance in Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood'

Go to the characters list on Animax's official Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Here is the site: http://www.animax-asia.com/fullmetal-alchemist-brotherhood-characters

About LING YAO
The twelfth prince of Xing, Ling Yao and his sister Mei Chang embark on a journey to Amestris in order to find the Philosopher's Stone so that they would gain immortality. He is often at odds with Edward Elric, constantly teasing the alchemist about his deficiency in height and, worse, leaving Ed with large food bills at every restaurant he eats at. Although lacking the dignity of a prince in line to becoming the next Emperor of Xing, Ling is skilled with a sword and always remains calm and relaxed in hostile situations. He is accompanied by his two loyal bodyguards Lan Fan and Fu, whom he cares for deeply.

About MEI CHANG
The seventeenth princess of Xing, she joins her brother Ling Yao in search of immortality. Unlike her brother, Mei does not have any bodyguards, bringing with her a small pet panda named Xiao. She possesses the ability to manipulate the form of any object over long distances. Possessing a wild imagination, she originally envisions Edward Elric as a tall and handsome young man. When she eventually learns the truth, she too joins her brother in constantly ribbing Ed about his height.

In addition to it Animax Asia is soon going to release a full length trailer of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood on Animax Asia official website of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

The Site: http://www.animax-asia.com/shows/FullmetalAlchemistBrotherhood
Labbes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:58 am Reply with quote
I hope this means I can watch it with French subs, even if I sit in Germany. If that's the case - awesome!
calimike

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:58 am Reply with quote
I heard new series is being pick up for subbed by fansubs.
shas

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:02 am Reply with quote
ffs
sailorsean

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:05 am Reply with quote
THANK YOU FUNI!!!
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:08 am Reply with quote
Kalessin wrote:
I do find it rather interesting that Funimation will be showing the new FMA on its site when it hasn't even officially announced that it's acquired the show. I guess that the fact that they're putting subs of it on their site pretty much says that they have licensed the show, but I suppose that they could have technically just made an agreement to be able to stream it and haven't actually licensed it for dubbing (though I expect that they've licensed it the whole way).

In any case, I would have expected an announcement about FMA being licensed before an announcement about it streaming on Funimation's site.

Same here. I doubt very much that, given the series' immense popularity, that if FUNi was able to acquire the rights to stream the subbed episodes that they wouldn't also work their proverbial butts off to get the full licensing rights and therefore be able to dub it.

At least for now, I think I'll be watching this. I desparately wanna see this in English (no offense intended towards its original cast; I was exposed to the dub first, is all, so that's what I'm most comfortable with), so I hope the next update FUNi makes is that they'll post the first couple dubbed episodes alongside these! (like what they've so lovingly done with Ouran). Anime hyper
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:17 am Reply with quote
Oh, I predict Funi will dub it, [adult swim] will acquire it, and air premieres of it at Midnight Saturday nights starting in late October.

But then again, I could be wrong...
LordRedhand

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:18 am Reply with quote
Yeah I'd say Funi probably has the rights to it, and who knows LagannImpact they might push for a TV broadcast for the dub.
joystick1101

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:24 am Reply with quote
fanboy scream... go! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! *faints*
Yorozuya

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:30 am Reply with quote
This is great news ^ ^ Now I'll be able to watch it legally.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:23 am Reply with quote
I'm actually getting rather excited about this. Initially, I didn't really care because I didn't even like the original that much. Now though that it's getting close, for some reason I really want to see it.

calimike wrote:
I heard new series is being pick up for subbed by fansubs.

I'm sure it will be. But because you're not a complete douchebag, I assume you're going to watch the legitimate legal streaming version which actually supports the company.
edzieba

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:07 am Reply with quote
Welp, no stream for the UK, as per usual. Thank goodness for 'other channels'.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10