• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Offer 2009 Fullmetal Alchemist on April 9

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
melonbread

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:20 pm Reply with quote
They missed out the UK, and that's really quite pathetic.
Jarmel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Now the question is, what exactly is Funimation's idea of "high quality"? I also wonder if it's just Thursday for the first week and closer to Sunday from then on. What about DVD and possibly Blu-ray distribution? I really want singles and an artbox for this(although I would be much happier with a Blu-Ray Boxset).
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm... I wonder how many simultaneous viewers it would take to bring down Funimation's video servers. Smile
craziplaya21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:53 pm Reply with quote
datenshi_aiko wrote:
Hello new here!^

I'm really looking forward to the new FMA Brotherhood series. Can somebody please post a list of regions that have acess to funimation.com?

Also does anybody know if there are any fansub groups who already agreed to fansub the new series??

dont worry, there are several. with much better quality (in HD) than what funi can offer too
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Amethyst Alchemist wrote:
So, FUNi has it. That's the announcement we've all been waiting for, but we all know was coming. Very exciting stuff, indeed . . . .

If only I could share in you excitement. I still wish death upon Bones for having the audacity to make "Fullmetal Ultimate".

Curse you, Bones! Why not leave well enough alone? Please? Pretty please?

I'm right there with you. The first one was a great show and isn't even that old yet. It really feels unnecessary to me for this new one to be made. My feelings on this one largely stem from two things. 1. Remaking recent shows (especially to adhere closer to the manga), hampers creativity. 2. I don't like the idea of things in my favorite series being changed. It's actually a bit insulting to me personally. I'm working hard to convince myself that this is a separate show entirely and that I should be happy for more FMA, but it's not easy.
Dante80

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Now if only someone could license Chi's Sweet Home.

+1, that would be awesome...^^

Thats a very good move from Funi, cheers!!... Very Happy

Quote:
don't worry, there are several. with much better quality (in HD) than what funi can offer too

Yes, but Funi gives an outlet for the fan to legally watch the series for free. You can always watch both, if you are so much concerned about bad streaming quality, but If you are in a region that can watch the official stream, you are helping the industry just by doing it...^^

Last edited by Dante80 on Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dune

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Wow, thanks Funimation!
Quote:
I'm right there with you. The first one was a great show and isn't even that old yet. It really feels unnecessary to me for this new one to be made. My feelings on this one largely stem from two things. 1. Remaking recent shows (especially to adhere closer to the manga), hampers creativity. 2. I don't like the idea of things in my favorite series being changed. It's actually a bit insulting to me personally. I'm working hard to convince myself that this is a separate show entirely and that I should be happy for more FMA, but it's not easy.

I'm very much looking forward to this show, but I share some of your disappointment. At least the Western outlets had the decency to give this show an alternate title, calling it just 'Fullmetal Alchemist' again does no good.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:06 pm Reply with quote
bahamut623 wrote:
Cool that they're doing this, but I'll wait for the inevitable Adult Swim broadcast. I hate watching anime on the computer, and I'm a little worried that as this trend continues more shows will be exclusively online streams only.

Personally, I no longer trust Adult Swim. They've shown time and time again that anime is not a big deal for them as it once was a decade ago. You'd think after what happened to Code Geass people would finally draw the line in their trust on the network.

As for exclusive online streams, I hate to say this but we're gonna be seeing this happen more and more as the years progress. People are finding online streams convenient to watch their shows rather than making time to sit in front of a TV with the hopes that nothing else is going to interfere with their schedule.
configspace

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Now if only someone could license Chi's Sweet Home.

It starts Aprill 11 on Crunchyroll.

bahamut623 wrote:
Cool that they're doing this, but I'll wait for the inevitable Adult Swim broadcast. I hate watching anime on the computer, and I'm a little worried that as this trend continues more shows will be exclusively online streams only.

... are you really expecting more anime to show up on US TV? Confused
tsukikage

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:20 pm Reply with quote
^______________^
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Yay! ^^ This makes me so happy! <3 And I can watch it before I have to go to work too.

Way to go Funi! You guys rock yet again! ^^
lheiskell
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Jarmel wrote:
Now the question is, what exactly is Funimation's idea of "high quality"? I also wonder if it's just Thursday for the first week and closer to Sunday from then on. What about DVD and possibly Blu-ray distribution? I really want singles and an artbox for this(although I would be much happier with a Blu-Ray Boxset).

Take a look at our streaming episodes on www.funimation.com/video for our quality. Ouran and Shigurui - Death Frenzy are good examples.

Lance
Your Friendly Fullmetal FUNimation Guy
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:06 pm Reply with quote
lheiskell wrote:
Jarmel wrote:

Take a look at our streaming episodes on www.funimation.com/video for our quality. Ouran and Shigurui - Death Frenzy are good examples.

Lance
Your Friendly Fullmetal FUNimation Guy

Just don't look at the videos from Toei you just announced. If the quality of those streams is the same as they've been on other services it'll be an embarrassment to your site.
DFBTG

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:20 pm Reply with quote
And I was thinking I couldn't love Funimation more than I already did. Silly me; caps are for kids. Really now, thank you Funimation! If anymore announcements I'm looking forward to our announced this year (like a Strike Witches uncut license and release with the Japanese extras) I do think my heart will explode with joy. How it hasn't yet is well beyond me.
Lames

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:57 pm Reply with quote
How can you people be bitching about quality? You've obviously never had to watch fansubs hunched over your computer with ebonics and emoticons strewn throughout the subtitles and video quality that would make charlie chaplin cry because you had no other options. Funimation isn't screwing around with, what i'd imagine to be, their bestselling show. This is going to be awesome!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10