• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kigurumikku V3 Anime Listed on Crunchyroll

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bayoab

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:44 am Reply with quote
Quote:

Crunchyroll's April calendar also lists another unnamed anime debuting on April 5 at 10:00 a.m. That time is equivalent to 2:00 a.m. on April 6 in Japan, or "26:00" on April 5.

For anyone who is curious, the picture for the April 5th @10am slot is for Natsu no Arashi. (Found by someone else.) They can only use 1 picture for the coming soon slot at once, thus the repeated pictures on the 8th.
The_X_box_360

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Crunchyroll.com is really stepping up their game. It's a good thing to see, in my opinion.

I think by them going after so many digital licenses of new anime, they've prompted publishers like funimation to also go after digital licenses on new anime before they even premiere.
Many people felt that Crunchyroll's actions would lead to less series getting licensed by foreign publisher's, but it's increasingly apparent that the exact opposite true, as more publisher's seem to be racing to beat/outbid Crunchyroll to the punch in order to maintain the traditional exclusive rights that the sale of digital licenses could disrupt.

-What they're doing is bringing us anime in a way that's faster, higher quality, supportive of the creators that envision these series we love so much and in a far more legal manner.
-All of this, going leagues beyond anything most fans in the anime sub-culture could have even imagined just a couple of years ago.
happydonutz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:01 am Reply with quote
Yes its confirmed:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-489983/stimulus-simulcast-package/

4 simulcasts on CR tomorrow:

Natsu no Arashi, Saki, Shangri-La, and Kigurumikku....

Looking forward to Shangri-La (i loved Last Exile), but Saki looks good too (like Strike Witches but for Mahjong.. heh)

bayoab wrote:
Quote:

Crunchyroll's April calendar also lists another unnamed anime debuting on April 5 at 10:00 a.m. That time is equivalent to 2:00 a.m. on April 6 in Japan, or "26:00" on April 5.

For anyone who is curious, the picture for the April 5th @10am slot is for Natsu no Arashi. (Found by someone else.) They can only use 1 picture for the coming soon slot at once, thus the repeated pictures on the 8th.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1