• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 10 Former Workers Sue ImaginAsian for Unpaid Wages

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tofusensei

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:42 pm Reply with quote
That sucks.
Splitter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:55 pm Reply with quote
... is anyone even watching Kurokami?
bahamut623

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Things are always wonky on that channel. There schedule is off way too often. They never gave the last few episodes of Scrapped Princess OR Mai-Hime, they just starting playing them from the beginning when they were like 2 or 3 episodes away from the end! And for Ayakashi Ayashi they keep repeating only the 10 first episodes, several of which play oddly (sped up video, regular speed audio) and they haven't fixed it despite playing them over and over.

Splitter wrote:

ME Very Happy
It's not the best show in the world, but it's a fun series to watch, and I would love to this kind of simultaneous airing happen again.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Yeah that channel has.. a lot of issues. They should pay those people though.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Splitter wrote:

I just have to wonder if anyone gets that channel. I think the only way it's available on Verizon FiOS (if it is at all) is via some sort of super-special-awesome-expensive international package.
GeorgeC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:58 pm Reply with quote
I think they're toast. Not by the lawsuit alone, though.

If the technical issues and problems of getting the channel on cable are half as bad as people say, they won't make it.

I can remember the old International Channel. I hardly ever watched it but it was part of the standard cable package when I lived in the city of Columbus near OSU.

The problem with that channel was all the drama shows and game shows that were NOT subtitled! They did show anime, though... Unsubtitled Dragonball GT (before Funi's dub started airing on Cartoon Network), Slayers, and other odds and ends of CPM-licensed series and an occasional Pioneer/Geneon series subbed or dubbed. I can't recall ever seeing the dubbed Slayers, though. They always seemed to show the subbed version.

I just think that in the end there were not enough Asians in the US to support the channel and that it was a losing proposition for its backers.

I suspect that might be the case with ImaginAsian. That's really too bad.
Tratious

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
Splitter wrote:

I just have to wonder if anyone gets that channel. I think the only way it's available on Verizon FiOS (if it is at all) is via some sort of super-special-awesome-expensive international package.

Time Warner Cable gets it i watched the first episode on iatv well to say it was nowhere near to my liking

spoiler[except the fight scene with the awesome music score]
hypersoda

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, when I used to have TWC, I had ImaginAsian. Though, I do like the fact that I never would've known about Kino's Journey had I not had that channel. Nor would I have known of Elemental Gelade, as well as quite few other anime.

But yeah, they had a lot of technical issues, especially when they were off-sync with the subs and even with the dub audio.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:10 am Reply with quote
Yeah I gave up watching anime on that channel a while ago. I don't even like KuroKami Though if I ever want to hear Korean boybands that's the place to go.
I have it on TWC too.
RedLeader

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:29 am Reply with quote
Feh. As angry as I am at them, I was kinda hoping they'd get their act together and restablish their Orguss release because I only got HALF the show before they stopped making the DVDs! That's almost as bad as when the original release crapped out halfway! Of course the worse part is that I probably could've avoided the whole mess by buying the WHOLE box set at once, but noooooooo...! I had to pinch pennies! And now, I'll never see the end! Anime cry AGAIN! And stalking eBay hasn't helped either... Anime cry
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:01 pm Reply with quote
They lay them off for one thing, and then haven't paid them as well. Not looking too bright for them and from what reaction I've been seeing here in the thread, it looks even more bleak for them. As a company you have obligations, to your customers, and also your employees. Not fulfilling those obligations to either party lands you in serious trouble.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1