• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nozomi Licenses Rental Magica TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K.o.R

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:27 am Reply with quote
Well this would be a treat, though if it's Nozomi doesn't that mean it's most likely sub-only?
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:44 am Reply with quote
K.o.R wrote:
Well this would be a treat, though if it's Nozomi doesn't that mean it's most likely sub-only?
99% of the time yes.
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:14 am Reply with quote
About. Damn. Time.

Been waiting so long for this to finally get a distributor after Kadokawa locked down all of those titles a while back. Definitely a title that I'm willing to break my "no dub, no buy" rule on. It's not a great series, but it's extremely entertaining, can't wait!

Now if I put up a Wagaya no Oinarisama (aka "Coo ~ Our Guardian", I really hate that name...) avatar maybe that'll get licensed too. I actually liked that even more than Rental Magica.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Paploo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:23 am Reply with quote
K.o.R wrote:

The Third was released under the Nozomi label dubbed, although it was released as singles. Lost Universe was also dubbed, but that's because it had a preexisting dub from ADV's release of it.

I imagine it's likely subonly since it's being done as 2 boxsets, but we'll probably get details soon.
kokuryu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:13 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
About. Damn. Time.

Been waiting so long for this to finally get a distributor after Kadokawa locked down all of those titles a while back. Definitely a title that I'm willing to break my "no dub, no buy" rule on. It's not a great series, but it's extremely entertaining, can't wait!

Now if I put up a Wagaya no Oinarisama (aka "Coo ~ Our Guardian", I really hate that name...) avatar maybe that'll get licensed too. I actually liked that even more than Rental Magica.

Emerje

I thought "Coo" was licensed already??? (Yeah that re-name gets to me too - thats why I dont buy half the titles I am looking for - they got renamed something so bad I wouldnt touch them with a 10 foot pole)
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:25 am Reply with quote
Smart move on the licensers part. This really wasn't that great of a series but I'm sure a number of people have or will enjoy the series. Story suffered a bit but the art was good throughout. Also some people just might like it for the lesbian wedding.
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:43 am Reply with quote
I have been hoping Right Stuf would get some of the Kadowaka titles
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
moxymized

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:44 am Reply with quote
I'm sorry, did you say lesbian wedding ?

I'm in !
mastertr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:23 am Reply with quote
Nice. I've been interested in giving Rental Magica a try.

Now, I hope TRSI licenses Spice and Wolf. I'd love to finally see a R1 of that come out since it was licensed by Kadokawa Pictures at the same time Rental Magica was.
Ranma824

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:26 am Reply with quote
Paploo wrote:
K.o.R wrote:

The Third was released under the Nozomi label dubbed, although it was released as singles. Lost Universe was also dubbed, but that's because it had a preexisting dub from ADV's release of it.

I imagine it's likely subonly since it's being done as 2 boxsets, but we'll probably get details soon.

Just like The Third, Rental Magica is going to be a collaboration between Nozomi and Kadokawa Pictures USA. And going on KPUSA's past track record, I would put my money on this release getting an English dub.

The 2-set release for a show is now the norm, so I wouldn't look at that detail to determine whether a show will get a dub or not.
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:52 am Reply with quote
If by luck it gets dubbed then I am in..... I want the Yuri!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:00 am Reply with quote
Yeah, hopefully Kadokawa won't break their tradition of dubbing anime.

mastertr wrote:
Now, I hope TRSI licenses Spice and Wolf. I'd love to finally see a R1 of that come out since it was licensed by Kadokawa Pictures at the same time Rental Magica was.

Unless they lost it, FUNimation has already grabbed Spice and Wolf.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jedi General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:03 am Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Unless they lost it, FUNimation has already grabbed Spice and Wolf.

FUNimation is listed as the distributor in the encyclopedia, but when was that announced? I remember them sending C&D notices, but I'm drawing a blank on an actual announcement. In fact, the "source" listed in the encyclopedia is the ANN article about said C&D notices.

Last edited by Jedi General on Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:04 am Reply with quote
I tried to watch Spice and Wolf and I was so bored. What is so good about it? if it gets Licensed I might give it another chance but dude...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jedi General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:15 am Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
I tried to watch Spice and Wolf and I was so bored. What is so good about it?

The economic side of it all darn near bored me to death, but what made Spice and Wolf so enjoyable for me was the interplay between the two leads. Spice and Wolf's script is great in that regard. So great that I could forgive the yawn-inducing economics.

Spice and Wolf is hardly "epic" though, so I'm not surprised that you were bored by it. Wink

We're straying a bit off-topic though ....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7