• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto was #20 Show on Hulu, #1 on Joost in February

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
revilenigma

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:18 am Reply with quote
The reason why it's higher for Joost is because joost doesn't block their site to no americans so non american anime fans have to get their fill at joost.
hussar67

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:07 am Reply with quote
I feel glad reading this. Lord knows, I'm watching much more anime on streaming services than I ever have before since the number of shows being broadcast by TV channels has gone down over the last few years (and I'm working a soul-crushing cubicle job). Hulu is indeed where I keep up to date with Shippuuden -- it, Joost, and Funimation's video portal are sooo much better than watching cut-up videos on YouTube, and I don't feel the guilt of watching fansubs and not contributing to the industry because I'm dutifully forced to watch the short advertisements. I hope impressive numbers keep Japanese companies allowing US distributors to put their series online; and that ADV, Bandai, and Media Blasters are able to catch up with Funimation and Viz on online streaming. I'd still personally prefer watching anime on my big LCD TV at home, but I need a way to survive work, too. Wink
jsc315

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:19 am Reply with quote
I'm not a fan of the show but I'm glad to see the numbers are good for at least one anime show.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LuckySeven

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:42 am Reply with quote
Sounds good I suppose, but this is a show I'd rather was on TV somewhere at a reasonable time and on a channel that I could get.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:44 pm Reply with quote
jsc315 wrote:
I'm not a fan of the show but I'm glad to see the numbers are good for at least one anime show.

Never really cared for the series myself, but I support it as it's successful. We need something to get our medium mainstream exposure and Naruto sure has been able to do the job.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Since when has Bleach been available as legal streams?
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:37 pm Reply with quote
vulcanraven01 wrote:

Quite a while, actually, but....

The streams aren't like Naruto's. They aren't caught up to the Japanese broadcast, heck, they are way behind even the English broadcast. Because of that, I'm actually kind of surprised they were that popular.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:54 pm Reply with quote
[quote="hussar67"]...Hulu is indeed where I keep up to date with Shippuuden -- it, Joost, and Funimation's video portal are sooo much better than watching cut-up videos on YouTube...quote]

That's no longer completely true. Bandai Entertainment's YouTube Channel runs uncut episodes of Code Geass and Gundam 00's respective first seasons. Which is bigger in the latter case, because Gundam 00 Season 1 just went off the air in February!
BlackJaded

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:20 pm Reply with quote
[quote="LagannImpact"]
hussar67 wrote:
...Hulu is indeed where I keep up to date with Shippuuden -- it, Joost, and Funimation's video portal are sooo much better than watching cut-up videos on YouTube...quote]

That's no longer completely true. Bandai Entertainment's YouTube Channel runs uncut episodes of Code Geass and Gundam 00's respective first seasons. Which is bigger in the latter case, because Gundam 00 Season 1 just went off the air in February!

No it didn't went off the air, it finshed the whole run after it ended.
kakoishii

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:58 pm Reply with quote
[quote="BlackJaded"]
LagannImpact wrote:
hussar67 wrote:
...Hulu is indeed where I keep up to date with Shippuuden -- it, Joost, and Funimation's video portal are sooo much better than watching cut-up videos on YouTube...quote]

No it didn't went off the air, it finshed the whole run after it ended.

I think that's what he meant, he just phrased it differently
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Mad_Scientist wrote:
vulcanraven01 wrote:

Quite a while, actually, but....

The streams aren't like Naruto's. They aren't caught up to the Japanese broadcast, heck, they are way behind even the English broadcast. Because of that, I'm actually kind of surprised they were that popular.

Ah, that's probably why it's the first time I've heard of this.
It's a shame, we have Naruto and Gintama upto date and yet no Bleach or One Piece...
If only they nailed those two down, then they'd really have a hold over fansubs.
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:06 am Reply with quote
How can I watch Episodes 210-220 of Naruto English Dubbed?

I really don't want to have to wait for the Single DVDs to catch up and/or for the final uncut box set to be released.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1