• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Chibi Vampire GN 12 and 13

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:05 pm Reply with quote
I wasn't expecting much when I first started this series; it just seemed like a light, fun title and I wasn't reading too much other manga at the time. So imagine how pleasantly surprised I am to really be enjoying this story for everything it offers. It's hard to believe the final volume's coming already.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Sadly, I can't read the reviews since I plan on buying the series and I don't want to know any plot points. Good to know that volume 14 will be the last, though.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:33 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Sadly, I can't read the reviews since I plan on buying the series and I don't want to know any plot points. Good to know that volume 14 will be the last, though.

Agreed. It means that it won't be long before the series is done, unlike times when you have no idea when the series will end and sometimes they might get dragged on for years and years. Still, this is a very enjoyable series and I can't wait to see how the plot will develop in the closing volumes.
bleuster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:17 am Reply with quote
The cover is really cute!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:31 am Reply with quote
Admitingly, the manga is much, much better than the anime. Much more depth, character development and plot is in the manga. Although the anime was great in its own right (I bought first boxset and purchased all six volumes), the manga was just better.

I am not going to tell any spoliers though. It's that great of a series.

But to me, Chibi Vampire is Tokyo Pop's second best manga series ever licensed. Its a real fun series to re-read over and over again. I would have never expected the manga to be such a fun manga to read though.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:40 am Reply with quote
bleuster wrote:

Totally agree. The cover to volume 13 is what got me interested in owning the series and made me look into the Karin anime. Unfortunately, I very stupidly (and knowingly) bought a bootleg of Karin that has absolutely atrocious subtitles. I plan to pay penance by buying the legitimate box set which will be available soon and is dubbed!
CaptainAvatar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:27 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
bleuster wrote:

Totally agree. The cover to volume 13 is what got me interested in owning the series and made me look into the Karin anime. Unfortunately, I very stupidly (and knowingly) bought a bootleg of Karin that has absolutely atrocious subtitles. I plan to pay penance by buying the legitimate box set which will be available soon and is dubbed!

Don't get your hopes up too much for the dub as it was done by Odex. Not the worst ever, but it certainly could have been better. I am usually a dub first type, but I definitely preferred this series in the original Japanese.

As for the manga, I guess I prefer series ending with you wanting more, but I am rather bummed as this series along with Kitchen Princess have only one more volume left! Anime cry Also, is it just me, or does it always feel like the dramatic finishes of many manga series feel a little rushed? Still, this has been one of my favorites of those I am reading/collecting right now!
jenthehen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
bleuster wrote:

The anime version is really cute! It's one of my guilty pleasures. The dub is decent - some characters are better than others ... and I think they all get better as the series progresses (as is typical)!

I think it's great that the anime and manga are different enough that you can enjoy both as kind of separate stories ... the novels are pretty good, too~!
happymoose

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:06 pm Reply with quote
snip

Last edited by happymoose on Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:46 pm Reply with quote
[quote="snl67"]
Blood- wrote:
bleuster wrote:

As for the manga, I guess I prefer series ending with you wanting more, but I am rather bummed as this series along with Kitchen Princess have only one more volume left! Anime cry Also, is it just me, or does it always feel like the dramatic finishes of many manga series feel a little rushed?

I think it's natural they feel rushed, because I think the stories just feel like they end too soon after we've been following on them long enough. But whenever I revisit a series that I initially felt had a rushed end, I end up changing my mind and thinking the ending was appropriate enough for these kinds of stories--of course, I don't know the ending to Chibi Vampire yet, so I'm just saying in general
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1