• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tegami Bachi Manga Gets TV Anime Green-Lit for October

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unknown Memory

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Alright!! Yesss!! Finally!! I just hope they um, do something about spoiler[Niche's sister. Change her skin color or something. Or, just have her hair cover herself up. I hope that's the only fanservice part in the manga.]
joelgundam00

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Viz Media announced at July's Comic-Con International event that it will be releasing the Tegami Bachi manga in North America.

They are already serializing it in the Shonen Jump. It started up in the March 2009 issue.

Last edited by joelgundam00 on Fri May 01, 2009 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Sweet! I love reading the manga (it's one of my favorites to read in SJ right now), so I can't wait for this. ^^
BleuVII

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Um... it's serialized in Jump S.Q., isn't it? Shonen Jump is a weekly magazine; Jump S.Q. is a monthly magazine.

But they did do a pilot episode for this as part of the Jump 40th Anniversary celebration. It was streamed together with a DragonBall/DBZ episode about Vegeta's brother "Table" and an animated version of One Piece's pilot manga. I remember Tegami Bachi standing out from the rest as being especially good.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Unknown Memory wrote:
Alright!! Yesss!! Finally!! I just hope they um, do something about spoiler[Niche's sister. Change her skin color or something. Or, just have her hair cover herself up. I hope that's the only fanservice part in the manga.]

Actually, that part is what sparked my interest in the series again. If they are an adult and as long as they aren't forced, fanservice is okay every now and then in a manga.
Anath_19

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:47 pm Reply with quote
BleuVII wrote:
Um... it's serialized in Jump S.Q., isn't it? Shonen Jump is a weekly magazine; Jump S.Q. is a monthly magazine.

But they did do a pilot episode for this as part of the Jump 40th Anniversary celebration. It was streamed together with a DragonBall/DBZ episode about Vegeta's brother "Table" and an animated version of One Piece's pilot manga. I remember Tegami Bachi standing out from the rest as being especially good.

It's serialized in Jump S.Q. in Japan, and in Shonen Jump in the U.S.
Unknown Memory

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

Actually, that part is what sparked my interest in the series again. If they are an adult and as long as they aren't forced, fanservice is okay every now and then in a manga.

I see what you mean by that. (I'm just a bit more sensitive as I'm a girl...) >D That part decreased my interest a little until we got to the spoiler[spirit eye part. But then, a few chapters after that one (Ch 28 spoiler----------->), with Lag meeting up with Saude (Noir) again and shooting the heart bullet at his arm is what sparked my interest back in. That scene was kind of sad. Agh... Thought, Noir would get it when he said "friends" but now only knows Lag's name! Close... If only Lag shot his heart... >.< (I translated a little bit of the raw.) Looking forward to that scene getting animated. ^^; ]
bahamut623

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:48 pm Reply with quote
From what I've read in Shonen Jump, it's a pretty cool series. And the art is outstanding, so hopefully the series will be able to do it justice.
Any word on who'll be animating? As long as it's not Pierrot, things should be fine.

Quote:
Jump Square magazine will announce on Saturday

Every time there's a line like this it makes ANN seem like they can see into the future...but only as it relates to anime.
babbo

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:19 am Reply with quote
This isn't much of a surprise after the Jump Super Anime Tour imo. I just hope they don't put Pierrot on it again.

joelgundam00 wrote:
Quote:
Viz Media announced at July's Comic-Con International event that it will be releasing the Tegami Bachi manga in North America.

They are already serializing it in the Shonen Jump. It started up in the March 2008 issue.

march 2009 >.>

As the quote you have there indicates, the license was announced in july. July 2008. There is a link to the article on that announcement in this article.

Quote:
Every time there's a line like this it makes ANN seem like they can see into the future...but only as it relates to anime.

It's not uncommon for magazines like jump to hint at upcoming announcements in preceding issues. I'd guess that's the case here <.<
joelgundam00

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:45 am Reply with quote
babbo wrote:
joelgundam00 wrote:
Quote:

They are already serializing it in the Shonen Jump. It started up in the March 2008 issue.

march 2009 >.>

Sorry about that! Darn typo demons! Anime smile + sweatdrop
Sariachan

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Interesting, I'll watch this (and the pilot too). Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1