• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam 00 2nd Season to Debut on Sci Fi Channel in June

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi General

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Nice! I never got around to finishing the fansubs of season two; what better way to finish than in English and on TV, no less.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ryusui

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:02 am Reply with quote
Finally. :3 *rubs his hands together*
newborntoanime

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:12 am Reply with quote
Excuse the language but fudge yeah!!! I can't wait!
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:25 am Reply with quote
Incidentally, I think on the Monday before, Gurren Lagann is gonna air 3 episodes in a row (25-27). Then after it finishes its 2nd run, Gundam 00 Season 2 takes over! I can't wait to find out what happens to Setsuna and the gang!
The_Libertarian_Otaku

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:25 am Reply with quote
About time we got word on Gundam 00's second season.

Why's Sci-Fi gotta change its name to a Polish word that means "crap"? There's nothing wrong with the current channel name!

Kids, if it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT!
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:43 am Reply with quote
Nice to know when season 2 starts. If only Viz was the same with the remaining Blue Dragon and Naruto episodes, as well as with Shippuden dubbed.
Ghstmtrx

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:48 am Reply with quote
I used to have trouble not enjoying Mech anime's. Then I watched Gurren Lagann and Gundam 00 on Scifi, I think they are pretty awesome now. I cant wait for the second season!
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:49 am Reply with quote
spoiler[lmao I can't wait to see the expression of the audience's faces when they watch the final episode.] Otherwise...I guess this is good news though I was never a fan of English Gundam dubs for various reasons.
DJTyrant

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:56 am Reply with quote
I really hope they actually broadcast this in HD, but none of their anime (as far as I know) have been broadcast in HD...oh well :/
B.K.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:17 am Reply with quote
I don't think I'll watch it. I didn't realize until the final episode of season one that SciFi had been cutting material so they could get in more commercials. I don't know how much I've missed of season one. I'm going to have to watch the series again to see what they cut. I don't want to go through the same thing with season two.
DieHardBleachFan

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:24 am Reply with quote
Yay!!!!! At last! I've been waiting to hear about this. Looking forward to it.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:09 am Reply with quote
It's too bad the dub is so subpar. A rare miss for Ocean.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Big Hed

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:29 am Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
Nice! I never got around to finishing the fansubs of season two; what better way to finish than in English and on TV, no less.

And at the rate a certain group is fansubbing S2, the American TV audience could well finish watching it before I do in Japanese Crying or Very sad

Oh well, the S1 DVDs will have to tide me over -- so long as Bandai doesn't push the release schedule back again. I really want to try the dub.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:32 am Reply with quote
Thank you Bandai for getting things done quickly!
Tortoiseshell Tabby Girl

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:04 am Reply with quote
Yay! I loved the first season and I was wondering when and if Sci-fi would show the second season. It's great that they're getting the second season out so fast. I've been watching the first season over again (I like to watch English dubs on TV without cc on the first time around to be able to focus on animation as well as story, and then watch them a second time with cc on to better absorb the story and information if I really like the story). I think it's my favorite Gundam along with G Gundam, although obviously those two are my favorites for different reasons. 00 is definitely better than SEED in my book. I really want to know what happens next for Setsuna, Allelujah, Tieria, spoiler[Lockon II, as I shall call Neil's brother], the other spoiler[surviving] members of the Ptolemaios, Saji Crossroad, and Louise, but especially Setsuna. I originally assumed that the pilots were going to have whiny moments like Kira Yamato, etc., but they were refreshingly mature and stable for the most part and had angst that was quite understandable and human. Setsuna is awesomely thoughtful and philosophical along with being a kick-ass Gundam Meister. Very Happy And I love how Brad Swaile voiced him--his characters usually aren't that deep voiced as far as I am aware of.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2