• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Premiere Screening

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
With that, the crowd cheered and the episode was over. We are told that the opening and ending animations were not present because at the time they received the episode, they were not even completed yet.

If that's the case, Madman must have been really speedy with the acquisition. Does anybody know whether it was an easy feat for them to obtain such exclusive access -albeit temporarily- to the show? I can't imagine that it would have been.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
JerNova

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:41 am Reply with quote
Slykura and Madman entertainment did an awesome job with this. The whole screening including a special introduction by Vic Mignogna (voiced Edward in the English Dub) was beyond the scale of anything I've seen at SupaNova before.

Heres a thread with more information about it, in which some newb trys to rain on the parade, and Slykura of Madman entertainment talks about some of the stuff he had to go through in order to obtain "the exclusive access".

Enjoy. Very Happy

http://www.forum.supanova.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4453&start=10

Last edited by JerNova on Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
sonictail
ANN.au Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:35 am Reply with quote
Man, talk about unappreciative. Some people just don't get it. I hear that Vic was his usual charming self, was his intro as awesome as I have been told?
JerNova

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Vic is one of the charming VA's to meet in person (probably on par with Darren Dunstan). Nobody was able to record his intro as the Nova staff had everyone that wanted to watch the premiere fork over their recording equipment (from certain mobile phones to video cameras etc). They were pretty strict on this, even confiscating a disposable non-flash camera my friend used to take a shot of Vic on stage right before the preview.

I remember one part of Vic's opening speech in which he mentions "so if you see anybody next to you recording the premiere, then I give you absolute permission to go Super Saiyan on their asses". Not his exact words, (he could have said Brolly instead of Super Saiyan) but along the lines off.
madmangohan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:54 am Reply with quote
Vic certainly is a friendly person to meet, and what most people didn't notice was actually how much he put himself out for fans over the weekend. I can tell you it was a struggle to even get that interview of him for this site because he kept himself that busy between talks and signings.

As for his talk, well I'm pretty sure Vic's wife filmed it. Unfortunately I forgot to tape it, and obviously had my camera in use to get photos for the premiere report, so I didn't keep a recording of it sadly. Nevertheless, it was a pretty good talk from what I remember.
JerNova

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:13 am Reply with quote
I actually missed his panel on Sunday. Which was a shame because he mentioned a topic I talked to him about while geting his autograph.

Was anyone podcasting it by any chance?
あのなんですか?

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:30 am Reply with quote
This is HUGE in Japan, do you guys like it... I've never seen it??

Rolling Eyes
madmangohan

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:39 am Reply with quote
I'm liking what i've seen so far. Quite interesting in seeing how much it skips of the first series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1