• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One Piece Creator Oda to Oversee Production of 10th Film

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ranemoraken

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:13 am Reply with quote
Cool, so this is the first time I gather? I heard rumors that he had written filler for the anime as well at some point.
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:05 am Reply with quote
I've heard something similar, though I think I recall reading it in the US Shonen Jump mag. Something about the Loguetown episodes actually being animated from unused material from the manga that he was forced to leave out because his editors wanted him to get the characters into the Grand Line as close to chapter 100 as possible. So it wouldn't surprise me if he actually created basic story outlines for some of the other anime filler as well.

Either way, with him overseeing this movie, it should be a bit better than the others, which I've heard so many people complain are really bad.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:17 am Reply with quote
Woot. I can't wait to see it! I love One Piece. If its anything like the stuff going on now spoiler[i'm on chapter 509 in the manga and episode 400 on the anime] then it will be a treat.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
RenTers

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:26 am Reply with quote
I'm a bit more excited for the 21st volume Viz will be releasing.
Drac

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:10 am Reply with quote
The Official website which contains two new trailers.

http://www.onepiece-movie.com/
potassium

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:10 am Reply with quote
teh*darkness wrote:
Either way, with him overseeing this movie, it should be a bit better than the others, which I've heard so many people complain are really bad.

watch the 4th and 6th ones.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:19 am Reply with quote
teh*darkness wrote:
I've heard something similar, though I think I recall reading it in the US Shonen Jump mag. Something about the Loguetown episodes actually being animated from unused material from the manga that he was forced to leave out because his editors wanted him to get the characters into the Grand Line as close to chapter 100 as possible. So it wouldn't surprise me if he actually created basic story outlines for some of the other anime filler as well.

He created all the characters for the Ice Hunter arc (the most recent long filler story) himself, and provided a basic plot outline. There is also an upcoming story in the anime that is also based on a plotline which was cut from the manga.

I think this is the first time he's been directly involved in making the movies, though. According to his Q&A column, usually his involvement in the movies is just the producers calling or emailing him to get his okay on ideas and characters.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Don't think you can go wrong with Oda involved. He even provided a voice for one of the characters in a previous movie, if I recall. to be honest this is one of my favorite anime series, so maybe we can expect good things from this movie.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:39 pm Reply with quote
From what I've seen this movie looks epic and includes pretty much most of the major chacaracters from the TV series, so I can't see it going wrong, especiall with Oda involved.
Sure beats them doing crappy adaptions of the TV arcs anyway. lol
Richard J.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:29 pm Reply with quote
potassium wrote:
teh*darkness wrote:

watch the 4th and 6th ones.
Especially number 6. I want that one licensed, dubbed and released so bad it hurts. It starts out all silly adventure and ends up pure unleaded nightmare fuel and epic Luffy action. I'm very dub-oriented but if it turns out this never gets licensed, I'm hunting down an R2.

Nice to know Oda is going to be so involved in this new movie. After the last few were compilation/digest versions of arcs from the main series, I was getting a tad concerned about future movie quality. This should fix all that.

Now if only we could get the movies licensed.
Cain Highwind

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:41 pm Reply with quote
vulcanraven01 wrote:

Sure beats them doing crappy adaptions of the TV arcs anyway. lol

Hey Movie 9 was AWESOME!

Anyway, yeah I remember seeing the first trailer and it just gives me goosebumps with excitement!

BTW Are these new trailers "safe"? I still haven't caught up with the Manga (I am caught up with the Anime), I'm just not a fan of reading scanlations and it's been really slow going catching up since it seems like I have no other choice.
Akagami Kite

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Cain Highwind wrote:

BTW Are these new trailers "safe"? I still haven't caught up with the Manga (I am caught up with the Anime), I'm just not a fan of reading scanlations and it's been really slow going catching up since it seems like I have no other choice.

The trailers are spoiler safe with the exception of one character if you aren't as far as Thriller Bark.

Counting on the whole content of the movie when it is released...no, it may not be safe for those who aren't caught up past Thriller Bark. For all we know, you may have to have knowledge of whats going down now at ch. 541.

Scanlations are 30x faster than Viz since they follow Weekly Jump. The downside is that you won't have anymore to read further since the next chapter will release next week.
sashaisme

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:00 pm Reply with quote
*hides in corner, mutters "Yes..."*

Laughing This is so flippin' cool!
Ruremi

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:09 pm Reply with quote
There should be plenty of twists with Oda involved. This will be too exciting for words. I just can't wait.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Oh man...movie 6 was great. I would like to see either a single release of each movie or a boxset.

The trailers look good. I think they made me even more interested!

One of my favorite parts of movie 6 spoiler[Goldfish scene. AHHH The net has torn? AHHH it tore!!!]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2