• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Online retailer JustManga.com

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustManga

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Hello my name is Allen and I am an employee at justmanga.com.

We are an online retailer specializing in manga (hence our name),
but do also sell many DVDs and some toys.

We would like to let everyone know a little bit about us. We are located in Southern California and do our shipping with the USPS. All our orders a double and triple checked for accuracy and we pack them very securely in mailers or boxes depending on the size of the order. We do our best to make sure that all of the manga that we ship is in pristine perfect condition, free of torn covers or pages and bends or dings (we cannot catch everything and some things do slip through; some damage may occur in shipping) . All our manga is bagged before shipping do protect it from the elements during transit ( you never know if will be raining somewhere else.)

All manga orders include a free gift of custom JustManga.com book covers, and you get a JM bookmark in your first few orders. Every order over $39.99 is eligible to receive free shipping, we also offer Priority shipping upgrades for as low as $9.99.

Along with this post we are offering a free pack of random flavored Japanese Kasugai Gummy Candy with any purchase using the coupon code: JMGumYummy code expires on April 14th 2009.

If you have any questions or comments reply to this post and we will get back to you asap. We will also be adding more info about us in future posts and also offing more freebies later. Please come check us out at www.justmanga.com.

Thanks
Allen from JustManga

Last edited by JustManga on Fri May 29, 2009 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:48 pm Reply with quote
I have been trying to get volume 13 of Please Save My Earth forever, but the site lists it as "backordered". What are the odds of being able to get a manga that's been backordered that is proving near impossible to find anywhere except used on Amazon or eBay for far too much? (I'm not sure why, but volume 13 of that series seems to be the most difficult to get for some reason).

A similar question for the complete series sets, what if one or two of the volumes in the series are incredibly difficult to get, but the other ones are pretty easy to get? Would the order not ship out without all of the volumes? Another quickie on complete sets, if for example a series like Ranma 1/2, which has 1st and 2nd edition releases in it, would the complete set be all 2nd edition only or a mix? I noticed that Maison Ikkoku's is specefied to be 2nd edition, but Ranma 1/2's isn't.

Thanks for any answers!
JustManga

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for your interest classicalzawa.

To answer your question about backordered manga, we can usually get them back instock in 3-5 business days (depending on if the title is out of print or not.) For complete series if 1 or 2 volumes are out of stock we would do our best to get the items in in a timely manner. If for some reason we cannot we would ship the order without those volumes and continue to look for them, unless the customer wishes to have the price of those volumes refunded.

For the complete set of Ranma 1/2 it would be all 2nd edition volumes. Thank you for pointing out the oversight on the Ranma set we will make sure to look into getting it corrected so it states that they are 2nd editions.

I would also like to introduce another option on our site called the Virtual Manga Bookshelf or VMB. The VMB is a feature that allows you to keep track of all your manga in your collection online. You can reach the VMB by signing into your account and following the link to your account page. To add a book or set of books to your VMB all you need to do is search for the title/s and click the Add to VMB link. Your VMB can also be shared with friends by using the link in the blue box on the top right. The VMB also gives statistics on how much your collection costs, favorite genre/author, and which publisher you buy the most.

Please feel free to ask any other questions you might have and be sure to use the coupon included in the first post for your orders.
SakuraAlchemist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:14 pm Reply with quote
What's your return policy? :< i couldn't find it on your site.

:A; and do you really mean it when you say "we ship is in pristine perfect condition, free of torn covers or pages and bends or dings"?

Because that's the biggest trouble I've had with online stores. I've had issue with them sending books that clearly are dinged, or for one of them i don't know what but the cover had what seems like a tred mark indentation on it, some had dirty cover, the spines are always coming in with ground up edges. So do really mean what you say ;A; do you really check carefully? do you put up with OCD collectors like me who just want the manga in NEW good condition to put on the shelf rather then read?! ;;;A;;;
JustManga

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for your questions SakuraAlchemist.

Our return policy is that if you are dissatisfied with a book or other piece of merchandise you notify us by email as soon as possible. Once we get this notice we will work to get you a better copy off the (lets go with a book for example) book that you received in below standard condition. We will get you a new copy out right away as well as a pre-paid return envelope for the defective book.

We actually do look over every single manga that we ship out, but sometimes copies with very minor damage to get through our screening process as we ship out hundreds if not thousands of books a day. We try to be all the books that we ship are in the condition we get them from our wholesaler, but if we receive a damaged book from our wholesaler we do set it aside to be returned or exchanged with a better copy from them.

I also would like to take this time to introduce to you our Club5.55, which is an easy to join club for any of our customer. To get into Club5.55 all you need is 3 or more orders totalling in 5 or more manga or DVDs. Once you think you have met these requirements you need only to send an email to us to get added to the club list. The email should be sent to [email protected], they will review your order history and add you in.

Once you are a member of Club5.55 you will have access to a list of manga that will cost you only $5.55 each. You can only order one such manga per order though. So you can order say 5 manga and get one at the club price of $5.55 as long as it is on the list of elegiable manga.

Please pm me or ask any questions here thank you.
MackDaddyHart

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:26 pm Reply with quote
I have 3 quick questions pertaining to your DVD collection. You have both Kanon Vol. 5 and the three saga's of Revolutionary Girl Utena labeled as backordered and as far as I know those are out of print. So having said that my first question is: Is that a misprint or are you actually planning on receiving those items?

My second question revolves around Utena. You have two identical versions of the Black Rose Saga box set, but one is labeled as backordred and the other is said to ship in 5-10 days. The backordered one is marked at 34.95 and the one "in stock" is 84.99. My second question is this: Is this another misprint on the stocking and if not why is the "in stock" one 50.00 more?

My final question revolves around the "if" factor my other two questions have. So I ask: If you are planning on receiving these will they be here in the near future or more along the lines of a year or so?
JustManga

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:52 pm Reply with quote
MackDaddyHart thank you for your question. Those were actually misprints on our site, thank you for pointing out our oversite on that matter. Back-ordered items are usually anything we think we may be able to get in, but we are unsure of when they will come as we look at multiple sources to find the merchandise our customers want.

If for some reason we can not find what our customers are looking for we offer to exchange them item or refund it. If we have a delay in getting the item in but we know we are getting it we offer a freebe o the customer to make up for the wait.

If you have anymore questions please be sure to ask!
an4564

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:34 pm Reply with quote
so first off i would like to know how long would it take an order to arrive if i'm in the same state as you guys (and i use the usps standard)

and my last question is about the buyer reward points.if i have some point and i wanted something from the reward items do i have to pay for the things that i dont have enough poinst for with some money taken off or do i have to wait to get it with my points?

Last edited by an4564 on Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:08 pm Reply with quote
an4564 wrote:
so first off i would like to know how long would it take an order to arrive if i'm in the same state as you guys (and i use the usps standard)

On that same note, how long would it take for it to reach the East Coast? Also using USPS standard.
mlisette23

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:03 am Reply with quote
an4564 wrote:

the next question is about the the Amazing Agent Luna manga series. i'm new to the series i'm wondering what is the difference between Amazing Agent Luna Omnibus and Amazing Agent Luna Vol. 01?

I can answer that, the Omnibus Edition is basically volumes 1-3 together.
an4564

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:11 am Reply with quote
mlisette23 wrote:
an4564 wrote:

the next question is about the the Amazing Agent Luna manga series. i'm new to the series i'm wondering what is the difference between Amazing Agent Luna Omnibus and Amazing Agent Luna Vol. 01?

I can answer that, the Omnibus Edition is basically volumes 1-3 together.
oh cool thanks
JustManga

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:20 pm Reply with quote
To answer the first part of your question an4564, as well as to answer classicalzawa's shipping times vary by location obviously. We made a map to show the expected shipping times for standard shipping, found here: http://www.justmanga.com/shipinfo.cfm.

Our reward system is set up so that all items are "paid" for with the reward points. So yes you would have to wait until you have enough points to get the item/s you want. The only thing that you would have to pay for on a reward order is the shipping cost based on the shipping method you desire.

Thank you for your questions.
an4564

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 12:42 pm Reply with quote
oh i have one more question for now and i hope im not bothering u guys

but I've been wondering is the chobits manga vol 1 or the box set in shock yet because i was planing to get it but i saw that it was backordered for a while now so i counldn't, and if it is still backordered then can u tell me when u think it might be back in stock?
JustManga

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Well for Chobits, as well as many older Tokyo Pop titles, it is hard to find so it is back-ordered and we do not know when we will get it back in. What we recommend is using the Reserve It button so that when it does come in you will receive an email alert. That way you can order the item right away, this is true of any back-ordered items listed on our site.

Check back soon as we are creating a new coupon code to use with your next order!
JustManga

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Hey everybody, thanks for waiting.

Here is a new coupon code to be used with every order you place with at JustManga. The new code is code is "YUMMYSUSHI" expires on 07/04/2009. Using this code you can get one of these sushi phone charms:

or

You will get one of these charms at random with your orders using this code; limit only 1 charm per order.

Thank you for your patience!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2