• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Details of the Wars

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Crotchspike

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:06 am Reply with quote
About Mature in KOF XII:
To be fair, in the Yagami Team's ending in KOF '96, all we get to see is some silhouettes of Iori slashing at the two fine ladies and then them lying on the ground (no blood or anything in sight). I don't believe it's ever been stated in a game that they died (correct me if I'm wrong). Either way, I can totally buy that they could have survived that and laid low for a while.

If we get Vice back too, I wouldn't be surprised if she's sporting some visible injury as well.
uragayduck

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:14 am Reply with quote
i never would have thought there would be a day when Sakura Taisen would take mainstage in an article like this. kudos for giving a very special series to me the spotlight it deserves.

i was one of the late ones who got into the series when ST4 came out and after seeing the amazing CM of ST4 forcing me to research the series and then buy the complete set for the DC which was STI to STIV in a very beautiful box/diorama. i too did the whole referencing the many pages of dialogue that i printed out (which i still have tucked in the corner of my closet). hey it was fun to do at the time and i'll admit that this was the series where i started learning Japanese on my own. pfft, college classes, who needs them. here's hoping to a successful sleeper hit potential STV may bring.
Subatomic Brainfreeze

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:22 am Reply with quote
tell these suckers to buy virtual on, homes
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:24 am Reply with quote
Nintendo had that exact same Fire Emblem booth at Anime Central this past weekend. Hell, they were even advertising the game on the bags our con stuff came in and had cosplayers for Caeda and Marth right by. They were also having a drawing for giving away a replica of Marth's sword, the Falchion
Pinkwings

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:26 am Reply with quote
Of the games mentioned what interests me the most is Sakura Wars and A Witchs Tale. The last rebellion might..but I dunno. I need more info on that. :/
bleuster

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:51 am Reply with quote
I haven't purchased a game from NISA since the poor handling they did on Rhapsody. After hearing about the games that came after I'm glad I did.
As much as I want to play this game I don't feel they're ready do it justice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:05 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Its blend of steampunk fantasy, strategic mecha battles, and anime-harem gameplay made it huge in Japan, but many said it wouldn't sell in the West. They were right back then,

No, they weren't right, which is why Saturn crashed and burned here. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Its two main characters, the swordsman Nine and the sorceress Aisha (or a “blade” and “sealer,” respectively), can target specific parts of enemies and disable them, an idea that's been kicking around various RPGs since Vagrant Story.

More like Front Mission.

Quote:
Nintendo plans to set up a castle-like booth based on the recent DS strategy-RPG Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon.

Localizing Fire Emblem is Nintendo's way of saying they hate Mother fans for jumping ship when Sony got the FF7. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Mike Tyson is, of course, absent and has been since his Nintendo contract ran out in 1990

I'd like to see him back with the tattoos. Laughing

BTW, that ad is here.
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:17 am Reply with quote
I love NISA because they bring out the best games and also Atlus. Going to look into Last Rebellion to see how that is. Sakura Wars V coming to America is quite awesome and hope for the originals to come soon to America. Plus of course as most people probably already figured out that NISA will bring Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy to PS2 in America later on probably like late summer or early fall but of course you know they will since they got english dub voice actors for Cross Edge(which I really want).

I really hope those Disgaea 3 trophies come out very soon.

Avalon Code looks pretty good might have to give that a try. KOF XII adding in Mature and Vice is great and all but I really hope Mai and K' join in on the cast as well or at least become downloadable content.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:05 am Reply with quote
Oh my Gord, someone else who remembers Spike McFang!
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:31 am Reply with quote
I'm glad to see that one of the Sakura Taisen games is coming out in the US. Now if we are lucky enough the rest of the games wll come out in the US sometime in the near future as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ranma824

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:37 am Reply with quote
Todd wrote:
And NIS? Thanks for not calling it “Cherry Blossom Wars.”

I'm assuming that's a literal translation of the subtitle of the game. But either way - So What? That sounds fine to me.
corinthian

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:43 am Reply with quote
Hm, Avalon Code sounds really interesting. I'll have to give it a try once I stop having no money.

And is that Francisca von Karma in KoF?
Overlord Z-ko

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:51 am Reply with quote
King of Fighters XII is a dream match game meaning it has no plot. The return of Mature doesn't nessecarily change her dead status in the story.

I am quite intersted in Skura Wars coming out. Everywhere I hear about it though there always seems to be a lot of pessimism involved.
koopchan

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:53 am Reply with quote
Man, Sakura Wars finally! and even for the Wii! It's like a dream come true!

I like this article about Sakura Wars but I didn't like this part:

"just as the Sakura Wars fandom is dying out or moving on in Japan"

How can the guy write this if in a recently Famitsu poll of most wanted game sequels of all times, Sakura Wars came in top?

Here's the link

http://www.destructoid.com/famitsu-lists-most-wanted-sequels-of-all-time-in-survey-130852.phtml

Last edited by koopchan on Wed May 13, 2009 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mauru

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:10 am Reply with quote
Sakura Wars is an awesome game! Can't wait to play it!

Last edited by Mauru on Wed May 13, 2009 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4