• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete's English Trailer Posted

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:16 pm Reply with quote
People wanted the demo, not a trailer. A trailer can be accessed easily online, and still for free. Why do they keep removing any decent extra for American releases? That said, is this version really all that better? I heard only the new parts were actually made in HD, and that doesn't change the beltsnzippers emo plotline of the movie.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:24 pm Reply with quote
I just wish this wasn't on Blu-Ray. Even though I'm not a Final Fantasy fan, I actually loved this movie and having the Complete edition would be awesome...but I'm one of many that doesn't have a Blu-Ray player and doesn't plan on buying one.
Toorima

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:05 pm Reply with quote
PLEASE SQUARE-ENIX...

I don't even care about the demo right now. I just want them to change that part.... "Dilly Dally Shilly Shally" ... FAWK I HATE THAT!!!
omegaviper

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Confused huh? i have had the dual audio 1080p of FFVII complete for a awhile now and I have the On The Way To A Smile Denzel anime which comes with it. what's up with this trailer as if it's not out.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:30 pm Reply with quote
FF VII: Now with 20% more Dilly Dally Shilly Shally

Seriously, do we really need another version of this glorified FX demo? Apparently they aren't through milking it yet. Neutral
Rolando_jose

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Apparently they aren't through milking it yet. Neutral

Not until they squeeze every drop of milk outta the cow, the next version will be in a limited tin foil box with a different character on the cover, so you can collect them all! Mr. Green
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Aura: If it was on DVD, too, then Blowme would continue to lose money on BD. Laughing

Rolando: They should just remake the game already.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:54 pm Reply with quote
A bunch of other people aren't buying this because of a lack of the demo. I don't care about the FFVII cash cow, I already brought everything I wanted from it (basically the original game itself and CC). I thought FFVIII was much better anyway but you had people willing to buy a movie they don't even care about for a demo and you just don't bring it over Rolling Eyes
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:20 am Reply with quote
I find it amusing how the whole "new footage" thing is emphasized, when it's really not all that interesting and nothing new is added to the actual movie.

Also, anyone that says 1080p Blu-Ray is awesome....learn to understand that any 1080p for FFVII Advent Children is merely an upscale as in 2006 we didn't have 1080p around yet.....not to mention that many people probably don't even have monitors to output 1080p.

Last but not least, the 100,000 is really because the price was at least half the price of a normal Blu-Ray and because it included the FFXIII Demo...that was really all
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:33 am Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
I just wish this wasn't on Blu-Ray. Even though I'm not a Final Fantasy fan, I actually loved this movie and having the Complete edition would be awesome...but I'm one of many that doesn't have a Blu-Ray player and doesn't plan on buying one.

Yes. Looks like I may not be able to pick this up until Kingdom hearts 3 hits. However any years that'll be.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:17 am Reply with quote
Well FF 7 is their multimedia project so I don't expect them to stop putting out random FF 7 stuff anytime soon. I actually hope they keep it up because if they keep their current trend of remaking old FF games, they hit FF 7 within 5 years. And honestly, why does the XBox not have BR at this point? Honestly think about it. If they want to finally kill off the PS3 and compete against the Wii, they can just say "Now with Blu-Ray and no more Red Rings of death". The "OMG that's Awesome" orgasms that it would produce...

And yeah it sucks we don't get a Demo because they are trying to be fair to Xbox owners. But they might work on a download version so that would be good.

I've seen RAWs of this Movie and I liked it. The added content is nice and fleshs the story and flow a bit. If you've never seen it the first time around then this is the version you'll want to start with.
Sirgil Grey

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:19 am Reply with quote
Glad to see this come out at last. My DVD copy of AC looks like crap on my 1080p 50" HDTV, so it'll be nice to have a version with a decent HD picture at last. Going off what I've seen of the Japanese BR of the movie, it will look incredible. My PS3 is ready and waiting for this one Very Happy

Just a shame that Square-Enix's need to kiss Microsoft's ass everywhere but Japan has cost us the demo. But then, they aren't exactly strangers to double standards where their customer base is concerned.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:50 am Reply with quote
I dunno what everyone's complaining about. I think for folks who haven't bought AC yet that this is a great "good things come to those who wait" sorta thing. Wink
hikura

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:33 am Reply with quote
Sirgil Grey wrote:
Glad to see this come out at last. My DVD copy of AC looks like crap on my 1080p 50" HDTV, so it'll be nice to have a version with a decent HD picture at last. Going off what I've seen of the Japanese BR of the movie, it will look incredible. My PS3 is ready and waiting for this one Very Happy

Just a shame that Square-Enix's need to kiss Microsoft's ass everywhere but Japan has cost us the demo. But then, they aren't exactly strangers to double standards where their customer base is concerned.

On a similiar note.FF13 on the xbox360 will be a american only release.
If anyone is looking for the demo of the game look into getting the japanese blue ray because both the american and japanese PS3's have the same encoding.
Sirgil Grey

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:43 am Reply with quote
hikura wrote:
Sirgil Grey wrote:

On a similiar note.FF13 on the xbox360 will be a american only release.
If anyone is looking for the demo of the game look into getting the japanese blue ray because both the american and japanese PS3's have the same encoding.

FFXIII 360 is actually everywhere BUT Japan. So USA, Europe, etc will all get it.

Seems they're already talking about what they'll have to cut though, as they've confirmed the PS3 version will have original Japanese dialogue option, but the 360 version will not.

Admittedly I usually like the english dubs on the FF games, but when I'm given the option to watch or play something in the original language it was designed with in mind(Be this game, TV show or film), I will always always want to see it in it's original form, so I welcome that Square-enix has at last adopted the multi-language approach that pretty much all other Japanese developers have already taken.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2