• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Details of the Wars

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:38 am Reply with quote
Subatomic Brainfreeze wrote:
TornadoTatsumaki wrote:
There's now evidence that SEGA is planning a new console.

Hate to say it, but you've been hoaxed. The article about a home console is 100% fabricated. The Ringedge is in fact real arcade hardware, but so is the Ringwide. It's definitely not a console. Here's an in-person look at both boards:

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blogs/anoop/2009/02/20/ringedge_and_ringwide_closeups/

Furthermore, Sega Sammy doesn't look to be in a good position to be taking huge financial risks at the moment:

http://kotaku.com/5253012/second-year-of-sega-sammy-losses

But TornadoTatsumaki knows better than to let facts and reason get in the way of his arguments. He's been going on about Sega making a big return to the console market for over a month, despite his "evidence" being shot down repeatedly.

strahl wrote:
No sir, I'm not playing sakura wars 5 if they don't put No 1 first, I simply can't fathom such idea.

You don't start the indiana jones movies with the crystal skull and so on.

It would be more like making a movie of Lord of the Rings before The Hobbit. It came later, but the story is largely disconnected from what came before it and stands on its own.
TornadoTatsumaki

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:44 am Reply with quote
Subatomic Brainfreeze wrote:
TornadoTatsumaki wrote:
There's now evidence that SEGA is planning a new console.

Hate to say it, but you've been hoaxed. The article about a home console is 100% fabricated. The Ringedge is in fact real arcade hardware, but so is the Ringwide. It's definitely not a console. Here's an in-person look at both boards:

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blogs/anoop/2009/02/20/ringedge_and_ringwide_closeups/
Sorry but this time it's no hoax. Everything on the links check out as accurate. Read the blog again there's even a pdf file for SEGA Sammy's 2009-2010 finacial plan.

Plus explain the patent for the controllers. The Saturn's US patent number is 5,371,792 not 7,488,254 so the controller has nothing to do with the Saturn.
bleuster

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:35 am Reply with quote
Mauru wrote:
Not even to support the localization?

What happened with my support put into Rhapsody? I waited years just going on hope that they would bring the series back and NISA just throw it out the door killing any chance of revival and fallowing that series had build till then.

I'm not giving up on NISA, yet, but they got a long ways to go before they can get me back. I still don't understand why they do the things they do for being such a small company that relies on their dedicated fans.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:35 am Reply with quote
bleuster wrote:
Mauru wrote:

What happened with my support put into Rhapsody? I waited years just going on hope that they would bring the series back and NISA just throw it out the door killing any chance of revival and fallowing that series had build till then.

I'm not giving up on NISA, yet, but they got a long ways to go before they can get me back. I still don't understand why they do the things they do for being such a small company that relies on their dedicated fans.

At least Rhapsody was released into America. Not once, but twice. I've been waiting now seventeen years for Nintendo to release Mother Three (Earthbound 2).
robo-ky

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:35 am Reply with quote
sigh, certainly feel the pain of earthbound fans. i'm really excited about the new KOF, i might actually upgrade from my ps2 and get one of those new systems, i would like to remain a sony fanboy but it seems sony won't knock down the price, blu-ray is cool but 360 is actually in the realm of affordability right now for me. Nice to see Mature making a comeback but if SNK don't give a damn about plot why not add K'? guess i could just play with joe. long-live SNK!! screw capcom! Hopefully next we'll see a new Samurai Showdown (Spirits) for 360/PS3.
LeoKnight25

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:08 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

BTW, that ad is here.

Looks like the girl in the commercial may be Chisa Yokoyama herself (Sakura's voice actor). That's her voice, to be sure. They could have just dubbed some actress over but, it sure looks like Chisa to me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
darcerin

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:56 am Reply with quote
LeoKnight25 wrote:
GATSU wrote:

BTW, that ad is here.

Looks like the girl in the commercial may be Chisa Yokoyama herself (Sakura's voice actor). That's her voice, to be sure. They could have just dubbed some actress over but, it sure looks like Chisa to me.

That is indeed Chisa! Smile
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
...while Glass Joe hallucinates baguettes and croissants. I think he's supposed to be French.

I see what they did there.

That Overturn screenshot brings back fond memories of Robot Wars.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:29 pm Reply with quote
robo-ky wrote:
sigh, certainly feel the pain of earthbound fans. i'm really excited about the new KOF, i might actually upgrade from my ps2 and get one of those new systems, i would like to remain a sony fanboy but it seems sony won't knock down the price, blu-ray is cool but 360 is actually in the realm of affordability right now for me. Nice to see Mature making a comeback but if SNK don't give a damn about plot why not add K'? guess i could just play with joe. long-live SNK!! screw capcom! Hopefully next we'll see a new Samurai Showdown (Spirits) for 360/PS3.

Thank you, at least someone understands where I am coming from. In some ways, Nintendo has seemed to have forgotten 80's and 90's gamers who helped build Nintendo into the successful business it is now. I can understand that is can take several years to translate and acquire the rights to games. I understand that licenses for certaini games are often expensive.

But what I don't understand is why Nintendo won't license Mother Three (Earthbound two) even after seventeen years? I know Earthbound was a sleeper hit in the the 90's, but I thought the sales revenue were quite good.

On a diffrent note, I haven't bought a game from Capcom in nearly eight years now. Even a friend of mine who bought the latest Street Fighter said its not the same anymore.
sfried

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
But what I don't understand is why Nintendo won't license Mother Three (Earthbound two) even after seventeen years? I know Earthbound was a sleeper hit in the the 90's, but I thought the sales revenue were quite good.
Two words: Shigasato Itoi. He calls the shots on MOTHER, not (just) Nintendo. It's his property, technically speaking. Also, there was the issue of pop-cultural reference sampling used in Earthbound that hasn't been caught on untill now. I'm pretty sure you know what theat means to the lawyers...

I wouldn't say Nintendo has completely forgotten it's fans...they seem to have gotten one thing right.
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:27 pm Reply with quote
sfried: Sounds like BS. FF4 + FF6 had Star Trek + Star Wars references, and those didn't have to be changed. Hell, the Americanized CT had characters named after rock stars.
Subatomic Brainfreeze

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:51 pm Reply with quote
TornadoTatsumaki wrote:

Sorry but this time it's no hoax. Everything on the links check out as accurate. Read the blog again there's even a pdf file for SEGA Sammy's 2009-2010 finacial plan.

Plus explain the patent for the controllers. The Saturn's US patent number is 5,371,792 not 7,488,254 so the controller has nothing to do with the Saturn.

Wow, my mistake. You were the hoax. I'll see you and Zack Morris at the Ringedge console launch. I already have a Shenmue III preorder in.
Pinkwings

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:11 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
bleuster wrote:
Mauru wrote:

At least Rhapsody was released into America. Not once, but twice. I've been waiting now seventeen years for Nintendo to release Mother Three (Earthbound 2).
I'm still annoyed they wont release its sequel and spinoff. Sad Puppet Princess of the Marl Kingdom 2: Little Princess and Angel's present.

Here we go. Scroll down and you get some info and screenshots of it. I want it so badly. ugh..

http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/marl/marl.htm

I wish they would just port them over to the DS or PSP at least..even downgraded I'd still buy it.
Shirogane

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:23 am Reply with quote
Aw, those sequels look good too...I really enjoyed playing Rhapsody, although it was a little easy at times.

I'll be in the middle and say I'd really like it if they release sequels to both Earthbound and Rhapsody games. Very Happy Both games were great.
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:57 am Reply with quote
strahl wrote:
No sir, I'm not playing sakura wars 5 if they don't put No 1 first, I simply can't fathom such idea.

You don't start the indiana jones movies with the crystal skull and so on.

NIS could bring over the originals for Sakura Wars if Sakura Wars 5 sells well in America(of course I expect it to sell more on the PS2 then on the Wii).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4