• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Shojo Beat discussion thread

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Oh dear, I had not heard that! I hope it isn't true, especially because I don't really want to get Shonen Jump instead.
rinmackie

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm Reply with quote
I went to their website and I didn't see anything about it. But I sent them an email anyway. It wouldn't make any sense since they're supposed to launching another magazine, right? As for Shojo Beat; I'm only following VK mainly. But hopefully they'll keep releasing the volumes, at least. I'm not interested in Shonen Jump, either.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Oh, well, we can still talk about the individual volumes...
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:38 pm Reply with quote
So I finally got around to finishing the last volume. Black Bird was rather generic, considering that I really enjoyed Backstage Prince. Haruka finally had some much-needed character development, but I imagine it'll be brief. H+C was totally wonderful, as usual, and I can't wait to pick up the rest. It's nice to see things mostly resolved in Sand Chronicles, and I might give the latter volumes a second chance, as a result. Yuki comes off more dumb than threatening in VK, unfortunately. And they keep talking, rather than getting into any action scenes. Would've liked to see a better "ending" for the girls' team in Crimson Hero, but I'll hope they do a better job next time. Kind of an average chapter this time. Honey Hunt is starting to grab me more at this point, and I'd kind of like to see spoiler[Yura and Q-ta]become an item.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 19 of 19