• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Not so Daily Link of the Day: Monster OP in Lego

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
minakichan

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:09 pm Reply with quote
While this is clearly the awesomest thing ever, I kind of wonder about ANN posting YouTube fanvids.

But this is awesome Anime hyper
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Almost anyone can do this, so its not like it hasn't been done before for other series. No offense or anything.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Almost anyone can do this, so its not like it hasn't been done before for other series. No offense or anything.

No offense taken. Although I think you may have missed the point. The not so daily LOTD isn't for "news" (for starters, this video is 5 months old), but rather for fun things that the readers might enjoy.

-t
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Lego's for the win.

Also, that's what the Monster OP sounds like? Sounds like an OP to an awesome show.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

Dude why do you always say anyone can do this or that? You can do it buts it a tedious process.

I enjoyed it. Now if only I could watch the series in English....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:57 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

No offense taken. Although I think you may have missed the point. The not so daily LOTD isn't for "news" (for starters, this video is 5 months old), but rather for fun things that the readers might enjoy.

-t

Hmm, I thought I remembered seeing this vid before. Of course, you're going to get a thousand different replies saying "old" and the like. Very Happy

Dargonxtc wrote:
Lego's for the win.

Also, that's what the Monster OP sounds like? Sounds like an OP to an awesome show.

Here's a link to the actual intro, if you're curious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLnEv5w3Hcw&fmt=18
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:04 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

-t

Oh. I thought this was referenced to something (other than Monster and lego's obviously.) I thought this video was supposed to have a deeper meaning. Again, I appologize if I caused some confusion. But I completely understand what your saying Tempest.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:22 pm Reply with quote
And to think I'm currently watching Monster ironically enough. Kudos to whomever took the time to make the Lego models, the stop-motion animation, and video effects for this Lego take on the Monster intro. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Pocky Monster

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:27 pm Reply with quote
That was awesome Anime hyper
Top Gun

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Awesome stuff. This really makes me want to get on my long-delayed rewatch of the series.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:48 pm Reply with quote
You know, this oddly enough makes me want to watch Monster that much more! Anime hyper Not to mention the link posted to the actual anime's OP. Thank you Mad_Scientist for that. Cool
Crystal

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:57 pm Reply with quote
That was amusing, although I hadn't seen the Opening before I read about this link. Monster is one of my, if not my FAVORITE manga.

Now I REALLY wish they'd release it in the U.S. I don't want to watch the fansub.

The sad thing is, it'd be SO perfect on adult swim, but in its current programming schedule . . . Mad
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:

Yes, it is. Frankly, it's one of the best OPs ever, simply because it gives you a feel of what the series will be like that you might not get from the first episode itself, which seems more like a medical drama.

Quote:
Now I REALLY wish they'd release it in the U.S. I don't want to watch the fansub.

So are you part of the "against it on pricinple" camp? Because otherwise, the only complete fansub I've seen for it is pretty well done (not perfect).

That said, it has been licensed in the US at this point...when the heck is Viz coming out with DVDs for this??
Jedi General

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:33 pm Reply with quote
That vid is win. Makes me even more impatient for the long overdue English release. I want to rewatch this series, but I'm holding out because I'd rather watch it again it dubbed.

"GRAIN" is one of my all time favorite OPs, by the way. I could listen to it all day long.

Folks who don't want to watch the fansubs could always read the manga, although it isn't even close to being the same experience for obvious reasons.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
Folks who don't want to watch the fansubs could always read the manga, although it isn't even close to being the same experience for obvious reasons.

The manga will give you the exact same story as the anime becuase the anime follows the manga practically to the panel.

What the anime gives you is an amazing voice cast and soundtrack. I actually listen to the OSTs when reading it... and sorry to whoever does the dub, Johan will always be Sasaki Nozomu to me. SCARY!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2