• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2009-06-03

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akatsukiwolf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:21 pm Reply with quote
CAN'T UNSEE!!! Anime hyper
marzipan.dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Cue maudlin music: 'that's what friends are for...'
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:37 pm Reply with quote
This is really continuing to bring things full circle to the first con ... only this time Kevin ends up with the otakin and Paola isn't the poor alley artist called upon to unmake reality.
Crystal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:52 pm Reply with quote
So Kevin's girlfriend is insane?

I feel stupid for asking that. In the previous 2 comics, I thought she really was Miaka in disguise, but then I realized she just thinks she is.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:05 am Reply with quote
Wow, that was a mixture of hilarious and a bit odd. Didn't expect that though, but Megan's eyes were yelling "Booya". I am not sure why, but that is how I saw it.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:09 am Reply with quote
Paola and Nina still need to mind their own business. Nina had her chance, and as for Paola, well I'd think there would need to be an intervention if anyone started dating her!

All girls are crazy, this one is just a wee bit more so than most, and it's still the best that Kevin could ever hope for!
The_Libertarian_Otaku

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:28 am Reply with quote
(As Nelson) HAW HAW!

Kevin's got a scrawny chest!

If he knew he'd end up in this situation, he could've at least done some work on his pecs and abs...
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:54 am Reply with quote
Okay in my 2nd novel, I have this nerdy character who also happens to be named Kevin (purely consindental), anyways he's a total nerd who gets teased in the story who decides to seek revenge against those that harmed him by joining Damien the villain(so he's an antagonist for much of the novel)... any ways, he's 16 and yet he has not reached prubity so he had the psyiyic of a 12 year old... So I think it's safe to say... that Kevin is more patheic than my Kevin... sad...

Side note to this: Kevin's love interest (who was introuded in my frist novel) happens to be named Nina... I wasn't think about the comic strip when I came up with the names, it just happened that way (and I came up with the names when the comic was new so it didn't matter)
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:15 am Reply with quote
Just as a comment on Fushugi Yuugi, does it ever get good? I'm borrowing the DVDs from my friend, who could only make it halfway through before giving up, and it seems pretty bad. I finished the first seven episodes. It's generic shoujo, there's no comedy, the lead is irritating in both languages, less on the dub because the voice is slightly deeper. On top of that, the art is terrible; backgrounds = what? Why does everyone love it so much? Are people who like all like the girl using Kevin, insane?
Jonasan
ANN Video Director & Producer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:26 am Reply with quote
Can't help but think that the artist being asked to look at Kevin's non-existent chest is Robin's cameo appearance into her own comic. Smile
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:34 am Reply with quote
I loved the comic, as I always do. Very funny.

Kevin's permanent phase-out state is particularly amusing. Very Happy
Animerican14

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:37 am Reply with quote
"No chest"? Does that mean Kevin doesn't have a bone that covers his chest, creating a "hole-in-his-chest"/chest cavity? If so, that's pretty interesting, because that's how it is with me. I've even seen a swimmer with that kind of condition, so it has nothing to do with physical fitness! Or, if Kevin's chest condition IS just from malnourishment, well... makes more sense for his friends to get involved then.

Also, regarding the second panel... Nina and Paola should've bee hiding IN those cardboard boxes. Would've been a nice MGS reference, especially considering the announcement of two MGS titles this week at E3 (w00t!).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
atlanime

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:31 am Reply with quote
I feel so sorry for that artists!
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:57 am Reply with quote
Keven's expression; lamb willingly to the slaughter, but does he want to be saved? Better happy together in hell, than lonely in heaven?
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:45 am Reply with quote
Jonasan wrote:
Can't help but think that the artist being asked to look at Kevin's non-existent chest is Robin's cameo appearance into her own comic. Smile

hate to know what references she's been given at places when asked to do commissions. Anime dazed Though his lack of chest, and stomach, is very common after partaking of the junk food con diet. There are alleys behind con centers filled with the malnourished and starved bodies of con goers. You can tell when it's in day 3 of a con....thats when they start eating the remains of each other. Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4