• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - All E3, All The Time

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LordPrometheus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
For starters, it shows what might be a young Samus Aran, along with an awful lot of human characters for the Metroid universe (is one of them Adam Malkovich from Metroid Fusion?

Yes, that was definitely Adam, Samus' first CO that is referenced in Fusion. I yelled out "That's Adam from Fusion!" when I first saw the trailer. Very Happy
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Surprising as it is for me to say this, there's nothing in this article that remotely interested me to comment about. Guess I was expecting another JRPG you'd rip on as usual.
Zoe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
FF14, we'll you knew that was coming. They're talking about an FF14, yet they haven't even gotten the damn FF13 game out yet. Not to mention there is like 3 games - 'Versus' and 'Fabula Nova Crystallis'.

"Fabula Nova Crystallis" is the name of the entire series. You're probably thinking of Agito for the PSP.

And supposedly there are more coming.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Zoe wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:
FF14, we'll you knew that was coming. They're talking about an FF14, yet they haven't even gotten the damn FF13 game out yet. Not to mention there is like 3 games - 'Versus' and 'Fabula Nova Crystallis'.

"Fabula Nova Crystallis" is the name of the entire series. You're probably thinking of Agito for the PSP.

And supposedly there are more coming.

Ah, y'know I never got that. Thought that was another game. Didn't realize it was series they were doing. Looks like they're doing what they did with the 'Ivalice' series. I'd like to see another installment of that.

PSP? I thought that 'Agito' was for mobile. I guess not. Smile

Forgot to mention this about the PSP Go. Are they eventually going to phase out UMDs from the older system for the new software. Or will they publish both provided which system you have. Because this would screw previous PSP owners.
sfried

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:56 pm Reply with quote
B.K. wrote:
I wish Nintendo had shown Monado in their conference. They had screens and a trailer on their press site, but didn't show them. I hate how Nintendo is handing Monolithsoft and their games since they bought the company.
That's one thing I noticed too. Also, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, while announced in the press kit, was not even mentioned in the conference. They just had to prioritized that Women's Murder Club adaptation...*sigh*

I knew it was Adam based on Fusion's storyline (and the manga), but who's Mr. "Remember me?" in the suit? And with all of the dialogue, I hope it doesn't turn into another "'Wrex' 'Shepard'" moment of exchanges.

I could already see the fan nickname fans are giving this after hearing about Team NINJA being behind it. Metroid: Dread or Alive.

Speaking of which, I've always wondered which bounty hunters cause the most collateral damage: Samus or the Dirty Pair?
bleuster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:31 pm Reply with quote
The only game I wanted S-E to announce was Nanashi No Game or Bushido Blade 3, and they fail to deliver that each year.
I don't care about Final Fantasy XIIVXI: Sands of Time or Kingdom of Hearts: Chronicles of Goofy. Just two games that are reasonably fun and worthwhile to bring to the table.

Overall, E3 was a vast improvement than we was shown over the past two years.

OH! The big announcement that happened just before E3:
Idolm@ster is going to be in the DSi!
http://www.siliconera.com/tag/idolmster-dearly-stars/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
hypersoda

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:08 pm Reply with quote
FINALLY....I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR SIX YEARS FOR THE NEW GOLDEN SUN!

Sorry about the caps, trying to put emphasis on it. Honestly I saw the trailer, and the 3D sprites look pretty good. The summons look very nice as well (though not exactly as detailed as the first game, they're still extremely nice to look at). The 3D world so far also looks rather nice.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, along with Forza Motorsports 3 (whose announcement was all but officially confirmed months ago), Golden Sun DS was my favourite announcement of E3, since I loved the GBA games, and almost makes up for the lack of new JRPG announcements for the other current system I own, the XBox 360, other than that online Final Fantasy thing, since I prefer JRPG franchises besides Final Fantasy, and since I don't have an Internet connection for my 360 and couldn't really care less about MMORPG's anyhow.

Also, while I'm not lamenting the disappearance of the UMD format, if there's no physical media format for the new PSP, I definitely won't bother with it since I'm only interested in buying games in a physical format.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:10 pm Reply with quote
For all those wondering if Sony is giving UMD the FU, they aren't. They'll still be releasing UMDs for their games, as PSP 3000 will continue to stay on market well after PSP Go has hit. But obviously if PSP Go has better hardware and software sales then PSP 3000 one is going to get the axe.

They did say titles will be going DD exclusive though. Remember, all the PSP models can download games on the PSP or via the PC's PlayStation Store.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
For all those wondering if Sony is giving UMD the FU, they aren't. They'll still be releasing UMDs for their games, as PSP 3000 will continue to stay on market well after PSP Go has hit. But obviously if PSP Go has better hardware and software sales then PSP 3000 one is going to get the axe.

They did say titles will be going DD exclusive though. Remember, all the PSP models can download games on the PSP or via the PC's PlayStation Store.

Ah, I see. Thanks for that info. I better get a PSP while I still can. Smile
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:27 pm Reply with quote
I don't know if anyone followed the S-E conference at E3 today, it turned out to be entirely a Final Fantasy XIV Q&A session with the developers. They didn't give to many major details about the game itself, but they did stress a lot of points:

-The game world is entirely different from FFXI
-There also won't be any type of character transfer system between FFXI and FFXIV
-The game is not a PS3 exclusive, they are working on getting it on other consoles (particularly working with Microsoft)
-They really want to target all types of players, particularly rope in solo and casual players from the start (i.e., they really want their FF fanbase back with this game)
-They've still got another year of FFXI content planned and have no plans to stop now
-No PS3 version of FFXI, said it would be better to start with a new game than port an old one (which is why they're starting with the PS3)
-The boat scene from the trailer is entirely in-game footage, not pre-rendered
-Job system focuses more on character growth and development, they really want people to become attached to their character
-Game servers will continue to be world wide accessible and cross platform accessible (PS3 and PC play together)
-Beta is coming
-No more PlayOnline
-No subscription price yet.

Think that covers everything that isn't on the official website

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
panzer.time

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Seeing that coupon reminded me of how the respectable gunslingers always used to carry M16s. Ah, the good old days!

Anyway, I'm just glad that all the rumors of MGS4 finally coming to the 360 are dead again. And from what I've seen, it doesn't look like Kojima's had too much to do with Rising. I'd say Yoji Shinkawa took the reins, but that bet may be a little late to make (darn it, I wish I had remembered that E3 was happening!).
DFBTG

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:08 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:

-They really want to target all types of players, particularly rope in solo and casual players from the start (i.e., they really want their FF fanbase back with this game)
-The boat scene from the trailer is entirely in-game footage, not pre-rendered
-Beta is coming
-No more PlayOnline
-No subscription price yet.

Hm, I might actually consider buying this. Particularly if that bold one stays true (doubt it).
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:59 am Reply with quote
It's "no subscription price yet" as in they haven't decided how much they're going to charge. FFXI has been a self sustaining cash for some time now (meaning they're making more than they're spending on it), they aren't going to let that go and make FFXIV free.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shale

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:45 am Reply with quote
NEW FREAKING MONKEY ISLAND.

I don't care what other news comes out of this year's E3, up to and including a video-game-based cure for cancer, that is the best thing that has ever happened.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4