• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Princess Resurrection Sub.DVD Part 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:34 am Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure the best reason to watch the show was for the female character designs, they were all the delicious. I wish Good Smile Company would make more figures, like for Riza and Reiri, but the Hime one is stupendous.
The Human Spider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:42 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
I'm pretty sure the best reason to watch the show was for the female character designs, they were all the delicious. I wish Good Smile Company would make more figures, like for Riza and Reiri, but the Hime one is stupendous.

I've always wished the show were more popular so we'd get figures of the secondary characters. What I'd most like is a big-sized Flandre figure or a full-size Nendoroid Flandre, and a Sherwood/Francesca set. A Kereberotte-chan figure would also be nice--she only appears as a game and TV show in the anime but the Kerreberotte-chan extras are one of my favorite parts of the manga. I also thought the show gets a little dull as it gets more serious, but vol.2 contained my favorite episode("Delinquent Princess") where Flandre goes crazy--Flandre vs. Francesca was one of the few fairly good fights in the show. And I'm happy they preserved the monster's Yithian design in the bonus episode.
CaptainAvatar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:50 am Reply with quote
I am a dub-fan, but I LOVED Ayako Kawasumi's Hime. Still, while I reasonably enjoyed the series, I think it should have concluded with the episode where Hime confronts her brother. I think that would have been a more enjoyable conclusion than the non-ending OAV episode.

Overall, I think more than anything, I will now have to check out the manga. Those familiar with it have led me to believe it is better than the anime. Still, I feel I got my money's worth from this series - of course I got the first half during BB's 50% off sale!
Shattered Ishida

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:59 am Reply with quote
I'm currently watching this series and absolutely adore it. It's mindless fun makes it great to watch after some heavier or sad anime. It's usually guaranteed to make me laugh. This is one I will buy. I agree snl67, I'm usually a dub fan as well, but thoroughly enjoyed this series nonetheless.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1