• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Looking For Original Eva DVD's

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
evaunit24

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:45 am Reply with quote
Hey, I was wondering if anyone know of any place to get original Japanese Eva DVD's. There's about 20,000 HK bootleg box sets out there, but I'm looking for the originals and the new Renewal DVD's. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RedvsBlue

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:33 pm Reply with quote
You want the Japanese Eva dvd's?

Why?! It more expensive and all your getting is the same thing.

Try this instead.

www.deepdiscountdvd.com

It has all the american Eva dvd's and movie and renewal ones for cheap price. *runs off like a madman* Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:05 pm Reply with quote
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/699456/

Unfortunately, it's hard to find the older DVD releases, as they've been snatched up by collectors long ago. You might have luck finding the 2nd impact box on ebay once in a blue moon... but other than that, you're probably out of luck.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
evaunit24

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:10 pm Reply with quote
These are the DVD's I am looking for, I've checked through Amazon's Japan sight a bunch of times. Now if only I could read Japanese Wink Oh well... thanks for your help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Actually, if you want an alternative, you can try and wait for that whole "Evanglion Platinum Edition" that ADV is releasing.

I'm not sure if they're the exact same as the remastered collector's set in Japan, but it's better than nothing, no? Razz

From what I remember reading, the animation is supposed to be remaster, the Japanese audio will now have a 5.1 Dolby Digital track, and there might be some goodies that weren't even on the Japanese releases. Again, I'm not 100% sure, but there is a thread in the Talkback forum that discusses some of these possible ideas.

I'm just glad I never bothered to get the R1 box set. Anyway, I just wanted to suggest this if it ever came down to that.

And welcome to the forums! Wink
evaunit24

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Thanks, I am planning on collecting the platinum DVD's as they are released. I just have this lofty, exceptionally lofty dream to collect all the Eva DVD's that have been released. Including bootlegs and originals. Thanks for welcoming me!
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:09 pm Reply with quote
evaunit24 wrote:
I just have this lofty, exceptionally lofty dream to collect all the Eva DVD's that have been released. Including bootlegs and originals.

Ah, I see. I have a friend just like you, only it's .hack, instead of Eva. He bought all the LE R1s (except Vol.1,) all of the video games, the bootlegged soundtracks (before they were licensed,) a lot of the card game (I think,) and now even wants the bootleg box set. Yet unlike me, he's hesitant to try and find the LE Vol.1 on eBay.

I got mine for about $150. It sounds kind of crazy, I know, but I like collecting anime. Razz

evaunit24 wrote:
Thanks for welcoming me!

Sure thing. I welcome everyone I see who has under 10 posts. It's my way of giving new users some reassurance that these forums can be a fun and friendly place to discuss anime. I hope to see you around outside this retail forum then! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1