• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Network Expands into Online HD Videos

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:53 pm Reply with quote
this kinda makes me mad, i subscribe for their TV service and there's no HD offered at all...yet...(But we should've gotten it before online..), and i hope this a hint toward re-releasing place promised on bluray. id definitely buy it again (when i get a bluray player) if that was the case

they probably want people to switch to their online sub so they dont have to go through cable companies
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:38 pm Reply with quote
ADV needs to get Fullmetal Panic on Blu-Ray DVD. I am getting Fullmetal Panic the Second Raid on Blu-Ray in August from FUNimation. ADV needs to learn these things.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mozychan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Evil or Very Mad

They should have partnered w/ Crunchyroll. There is no way I'll pay for a anime membership at both places. I'll be supporting CR instead. This is really disappointing because ADV is already a partner. Hell, I bought Elfen Lied a few weeks ago and they threw in a card in the box to advertise for two free weeks of an anime membership at CR.

But no, now ADV has gone astray and is no better then FUNI's or Viz's offerings online. stupid.

-moose
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:34 pm Reply with quote
I highly doubt ADV can afford the tech to self-produce BluRay, and I can imagine it'd be pretty expensive to contract it out to someone.
Delpheno

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:26 pm Reply with quote
The Place Promised in Our Early Days... tight movie.
edzieba

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
ADV needs to get Fullmetal Panic on Blu-Ray DVD. I am getting Fullmetal Panic the Second Raid on Blu-Ray in August from FUNimation. ADV needs to learn these things.
While both the US and JP blu-rays for all the FMP series are upscales, at least they're better than the abysmal R1 DVDs.
Annf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:15 pm Reply with quote
I have The Place Promised in Our Early Days on Blu-ray already, and I'm not all that interested in the 3DCG Appleseed, but it's nice to see this happening. I figured it was only a matter of time before competition forced more streaming into HD.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:51 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if measuring the viewing of the HD offerings will be a way for ADV to assess which titles would be viable as BD releases.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1