• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANN Launches New Streaming Anime from hulu.com, Joost

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Berserkfury819

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:59 am Reply with quote
Awesome news!
rizuchan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:22 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Digimon Adventure (s)*

Should probably fix this to say "Digimon Adventure 02", as Digimon Adventure is pretty different. It got my hopes up for a second. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darkstar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:25 am Reply with quote
FYI, I was persuing the Funimation website yesterday & FMA:B is back up on there, as well as XXXHolic. They still seem to be working on their servers (according to the notice on the website) but it looks like most things seem to be up & running again. yay! Now, mind you I didn't check every single show but I was able to browse a decent amount of the site.

Thank goodness.

[guess I should've browsed down a little further... just saw the official notice about Funi's site. oops Laughing ]

Last edited by darkstar on Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:31 am Reply with quote
ANN wrote:
By bringing all of these streams together in one place, we hope this makes it incredibly easy to enjoy free streaming anime without having to hunt for it.

So, when does the $7.95/mo. fee kick in?

Kidding, of course, but this is great news. Once again proving how initiative is being taken by those outside the industry to help promote anime via no cost alternatives.

Seeing good news like this helps offset the bad news I often read from the "major players". It makes me tingly inside.

Now, if only this idiotic U.S. only distribution model would finally get resolved for the worldwide fans. Once done, I can't think of a better word other than "perfection" to be applied to the new digital age.

Thanks, crew of ANN, for keeping anime what it is: ENTERTAINMENT!
Smile
Iritscen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:35 am Reply with quote
Wow, now I'm sitting up and taking notice. I am embarrassed to admit that I haven't been paying much attention to what ANN has been putting together until now. I subscribe to Crunchyroll -- do the subscriber advantages somehow carry over to the Cr videos that are posted here?

Anyway, big thanks to ANN, this is exactly what we beleaguered anime fans need: a one-stop solution.
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:53 am Reply with quote
Iritscen wrote:
I subscribe to Crunchyroll -- do the subscriber advantages somehow carry over to the Cr videos that are posted here?

Absolutely. As long as you're logged onto Crunchyroll you'll have access to all of the same features and episodes of each series without leaving Anime News Network. Unfortunately we don't have access to everything from Crunchyroll, but if you like watching their shows this way, please let them know.
Zade

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:44 am Reply with quote
So now ANN is sourcing videos from crunchyroll...

I'm having trouble coming up with an accurate analogy for that... that's like if the people that marketed Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB1zWEhgrLs ... this=crunchyroll) got together with the team that made Ping Pals (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ping_Pals... see the criticism part... that=ANNs video streaming) and maybe you would achieve as much FAIL as this unholy pairing...

BTW its best to view crunchyroll videos with google chrome because most other browsers apparently can't handle websites as crappy as crunchyroll...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1