• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fairy Tail Manga Gets TV Anime Green-Lit for Fall

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Finally!!!! Its about Damn Time
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Splitter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:48 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure a lot of people are very happy about this.
Precis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Sweet, been waiting for this one for a while. Anime smile
Lemoncookies23

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:01 pm Reply with quote
AH!!! Holy crap that's awesome!!!

*screams*
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:06 pm Reply with quote
I knew it! It was just a matter of time.Best news I've heard all day.

Very Happy
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Count me as another person whose going to say finally.

To me it's like a better version of One Piece, basically the same type of series just without the Goku copy male lead, and kitten eating villains that become good guys that keeps One Piece from being a great manga.

I would probably put Fairy Tail as my current third best manga on the market.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:19 pm Reply with quote
A-1 and Satelight huh? THAT MEANS IT WILL END. Thank god it's not Pierrot or Toei.
Lemoncookies23

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:22 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
A-1 and Satelight huh? THAT MEANS IT WILL END. Thank god it's not Pierrot or Toei.

And also be well-animated, judging by their recent track records.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:28 pm Reply with quote
JairStout wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

And also be well-animated, judging by their recent track records.

That too, you won't have like 1 good looking episode out of a bunch of 25 awful looking ones (Bleach.)
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Yeah Fairy Tail is getting an anime and it's being animated by two studios A-1 Pictures (Birdy the mighty, Kannagi, Ookiku Furikabutte, Valkryia) and Satellite (Macross Frontier) so I would expect pretty good animation. Question is will it be a long running series like Naruto/One Piece/Bleach if so I'll be a first for A-1 Pictures while it wouldn't be a first for Satellite since they have been doing Shugo Chara!! having close to 100 episodes.

Charred Knight wrote:

To me it's like a better version of One Piece, basically the same type of series just without the Goku copy male lead, and kitten eating villains that become good guys that keeps One Piece from being a great manga.

Funny thing is this is not true. It's tries to be epic only to fall on it's face several times, two arcs have ended in dissapointment. Don't get me wrong it's a good series but so far it hasn't reached the level of One Piece oh lol at the whole Gerald thing going on.

Anyways here's an image of the announcement:

Jedi General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:45 pm Reply with quote
A-1 and Satelight teaming up, eh? That's pure awesome. Will definitely have to keep an eye on this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:48 pm Reply with quote
My guess is this series is picked up within one or two years. But to be honest, I still like One Piece much better.

None the less, that doesn't mean I don't think the manga was interesting. Quite the opposite, the series was cool, but I think the anime might just be even neater.
Mysticmidnightmaiden

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:01 am Reply with quote
Best news all week. Damn, I'm excited!
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:05 am Reply with quote
ZODDGUTS wrote:
Yeah Fairy Tail is getting an anime and it's being animated by two studios A-1 Pictures (Birdy the mighty, Kannagi, Ookiku Furikabutte, Valkryia) and Satellite (Macross Frontier) so I would expect pretty good animation. Question is will it be a long running series like Naruto/One Piece/Bleach if so I'll be a first for A-1 Pictures while it wouldn't be a first for Satellite since they have been doing Shugo Chara!! having close to 100 episodes.

Charred Knight wrote:

Funny thing is this is not true. It's tries to be epic only to fall on it's face several times, two arcs have ended in dissapointment. Don't get me wrong it's a good series but so far it hasn't reached the level of One Piece oh lol at the whole Gerald thing going on.

Anyways here's an image of the announcement:

I could care less about how "epic" a series is, I care about how well written a series is.

For example Code Geass R2 was easily more epic than the first season it was also one of the worst written anime I have ever seen.

Look from a shonen series standpoint it's not a bad series, its just not terribly well written, I think Luffy might have just gotten his first character development since chapter 1. Also as I said before the Heel Face Turns in Fairy Tail make a hell of a lot more sense than One Piece where apparently just getting pummeled by Luffy turns you into a good guy.
Vapors

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:10 am Reply with quote
ZODDGUTS wrote:
Yeah Fairy Tail is getting an anime and it's being animated by two studios A-1 Pictures (Birdy the mighty, Kannagi, Ookiku Furikabutte, Valkryia) and Satellite (Macross Frontier) so I would expect pretty good animation.

Don't follow the animation studios that much, so thanks for providing examples. Given that so much material is written, I hope they can provide a good adaptation while balancing the need for filler. I am enjoying the english release of Fairy Tail thus far, so I hope to hear it licensed in NA eventually.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6