• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Eden of the East, Spice & Wolf II's Promos Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DRWii

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Looks like my theory that "King of Eden" woud be a recap was right. Or Production I.G. is just bad at advertising, but I doubt that.
BleuVII

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Yep, it looks like you're right. Oh well, now I can get some of my friends to watch it. For some reason, "11 episodes" sounds more intimidating than "1 movie".
brittiney360

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Aw, it really does look to be a recap. Well, I'll still keep my hopes up for a continuation to the story just in case (I mean, the title is The King of Eden-it'd make sense). Maybe scenes from the last ep. is going to be used to...refresh people's memories a bit before delving into the story. Or something. Hopefully.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, from the looks of things the first movie will be a recap and then perhaps the second one will be a continuation? I mean, given how abrupt and unsatisfying the ending of the TV series was, it wouldn't make a lick of sense not to continue the story.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RedHotFunk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:15 am Reply with quote
Im badly looking forward to Spice & Wolf II, but the promotional videos have me /facepalmin' haha
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:14 am Reply with quote
Gutted is all I can say.
Basically they may as well have not bothered with the TV series and just done it as 2 films from the get go.
By the time the second movie is released on DVD, I'll have forgotten about this series completely. Crying or Very sad
vedicardi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:31 pm Reply with quote
this series did good enough to get two movies? jeez

I gotta watch it =A=
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:05 pm Reply with quote
vedicardi wrote:
this series did good enough to get two movies? jeez

I gotta watch it =A=

The movie, at least the first, had always be planned. But really, it seems by making the series 11 episodes, they had probably budgeted for a full show, thus leaving the rest of the money to make these, combined with the DVD/BD sales down the road.
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, the trailer on the left comes out as the same as the one on the right, for me(?)
captainbanana

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:20 am Reply with quote
I'm still holding out hope that their marketing department just really sucks. That trailer had a LOT of spoilers. If you hadn't seen a single episode of the show, and you saw that trailer, you wouldn't even need to watch the movie because it gives so much away (especially when combined with the title). Maybe it's only so spoilerific to me because I know where each scene fits within the time line of the first 11 episodes, but still...meh

I'll repeat what has already been said; By the time the second movie is out in English, I'll have forgotten all about the show, and I probably won't be interested anymore (sort of like how I don't have any interest in seeing the third Bleach movie anymore)
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Sven Viking wrote:
Hmm, the trailer on the left comes out as the same as the one on the right, for me(?)

Same thing happened to me. Try watching it a second time. I don't know why, but that fixed my problem.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1