• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bakemonogatari Anime Promo Video Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuzaco

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:19 am Reply with quote
"Because of this, Shinbo thinks that the staff will probably air the first 12 episodes, and distribute the remaining three episodes on the official homepage for free. "

Okay, it's nice, but then where is the profit?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:31 am Reply with quote
fuzaco wrote:
"Because of this, Shinbo thinks that the staff will probably air the first 12 episodes, and distribute the remaining three episodes on the official homepage for free. "

Okay, it's nice, but then where is the profit?

The DVD sales. They had to pay the networks to play the shows, which are still basically advertisements for the merchandise and DVDs to try to break even. It's a vicious cycle.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:25 am Reply with quote
Yeah, when you have to buy TV time (as opposed to stations buying shows, as you have in America, and I'm guessing most everywhere else) this isn't a bad way to go if you need extra episodes. They're probably saving money by posting them for free online.

This series looks interesting. I was expecting something cutesy and moe from the description (mysterious girl falls into guy's arms, super powers ensue), but the promos have looked downright creepy and sleekly animated. Hopefully plot will live up to the promos.

Any word on this being streamed with subtitles?
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Love Shinbo's work. Will be interesting to see how he juggles this and SZS at once, but I'm sure he can handle it.
As for the free eps, well it's similiar as to when DVD releases have an extra ep or so, but in this case I imagine these will be proper episodes relevant to the plot and not just some random OVA-style fanservice ones.
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:31 pm Reply with quote
We have this and Zan Zetsubou Sensei this Week!! I am looking forward to both... I hope Bakemonogatari gets picked up early from a DUBBING company same with Zetsubou..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Seljuk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:06 pm Reply with quote
"...tie-in Pizza Hut campaign."

Wait. Hold it right there. What do you think you are doing. You aren't Sunrise.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:18 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
Yeah, when you have to buy TV time (as opposed to stations buying shows, as you have in America, and I'm guessing most everywhere else) this isn't a bad way to go if you need extra episodes. They're probably saving money by posting them for free online.

This series looks interesting. I was expecting something cutesy and moe from the description (mysterious girl falls into guy's arms, super powers ensue), but the promos have looked downright creepy and sleekly animated. Hopefully plot will live up to the promos.

Any word on this being streamed with subtitles?

I didn't know about this different system about Japanese TV, thank you for the info.

P.S. This series looks interesting. ^^
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1