• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Right Stuf Adds Aria the Origination & Arietta, Antique Bakery, Junjou Romantica

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:38 pm Reply with quote
poehitman wrote:
If you have no interest in dubs, then you're not qualified to talk about it because it doesn't affect you.

Way to not address any point I made. As I said, dubbed and subbed releases for everything would be ideal for everyone, but unrealistic in today's market, especially for niche releases. Don't buy it you don't want to, but you're only helping to ensure the existence of more "glorified fansubs" in the future. Or just plain fansubs if things get bad enough.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Finally! I was wondering when there was going to be some news on Origination. TRSI once again finds a way to get me to part with my money Smile
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:02 pm Reply with quote
OH YES THEY GOT JUNJO <3
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:03 pm Reply with quote
poehitman wrote:
If RightStuf licenses it and releases it as sub-only, it will prevent any other company from licensing it and releasing it as a dub as long as RightStuf holds the license.

Do you seriously think Nozomi/Rightstuf outbid any other company for this?
Funi passed. Viz passed. Bandai passed, MB/Sentai/ADV... well who knows. Or else they all showed extremely low to no interest.

For the Kadokawa distribution deal, I would not count out a dub, but find the chances very low. The sting of Lucky Star is probably still fresh on their minds.
jsieczka

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:05 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Freaking awesome, those are just the types of shows I'd expect of them. If only they had licensed Spice and Wolf instead. Now they just need to pick up Bartender, Moyashimon, and Kaiba.

That is most of my wish list right there, Moyashimon is the most likely of the group that Right Stuf might grab.
Surprisingly FUNimation is appearing to show some interest in Kaiba...they must be trying to get some street cred.
Bartender, the people who liked the show are a group that is known to by stuff but, it is a small group.

KimiKiss Pure Rouge...stop your laughing, I have no idea why I like it but I do.
Kurenai, Nijuu-Mensou no Musume, Cyber Coil, Yomigaeru Sora, Nodame Cantabile and Casshern Sins are the rest of the shows that I would plop my money down right now on a pre-order for.

back to Right Stuf: I'll probably pick up the discs, but not until they are released. I would like them to by hybrid discs, but I love the fact that shows like this are coming to the US and Right Stuf is making money off of them more so then the want of a English track.
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:31 am Reply with quote
Nice! I liked Antique Bakeries's manga, but I only got to borrow that from my library (it's actually got a pretty awesome manga selection, not just Naruto, although it has that too).

What is Tokyopop's "blu" line though? I don't remember hearing about that.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:57 am Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
Nice! I liked Antique Bakeries's manga, but I only got to borrow that from my library (it's actually got a pretty awesome manga selection, not just Naruto, although it has that too).

What is Tokyopop's "blu" line though? I don't remember hearing about that.

Blu Manga is what Tokyopop releases their boy's love stuff under, mainly so it's not readily apparent that it's Tokyopop releasing that stuff.
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:23 am Reply with quote
Gewürtztraminer wrote:
Do you seriously think Nozomi/Rightstuf outbid any other company for this?
Funi passed. Viz passed. Bandai passed, MB/Sentai/ADV... well who knows. Or else they all showed extremely low to no interest.

Last Anime Expo (7/5/08)
Quote:
At their panel, the industry representatives from Kadokawa USA announced that their company now holds the North American licenses to the anime series Junjou Romantica, Spice and Wolf, Rental Magica, My Heartfelt Sympathy, Ninomiya-kun, H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~, and Coo ~ Our Guardian (Wagaya no Oinarisama.).

Gewürtztraminer wrote:
For the Kadokawa distribution deal, I would not count out a dub, but find the chances very low. The sting of Lucky Star is probably still fresh on their minds.

Anime which this company has licensed:
Canvas2 ~Niji-iro no Sketch~ (TV)- no partner yet
Demonbane (TV)-no partner yet
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid (TV)-Funi. Dubbed
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid (OAV)-Funi. Dubbed
(The) Girl Who Leapt Through Time (movie)-Bandai. Dubbed
Goshūshō-sama Ninomiya-kun (TV)-no partner yet
H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ (TV)-no partner yet
Junjō Romantica (TV)-TRSI. In works
Lucky Star (TV)-Bandai. Dubbed
Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo! (TV)-no partner yet
(The) Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (TV)-Bandai. Dubbed
Mushi-Uta (TV)-no partner officially. Maybe Funi
Rental Magica (TV)-TRSI. On hold for now
Shuffle! Memories (TV)-no partner yet
Spice and Wolf (TV)-Funi. in the works.
(The) Third: The Girl with the Blue Eye (TV)-TRSI. Dubbed
Wagaya no Oinarisama. (TV)-no partner yet

So overall, it really doesn't look as though they have ever worked with anyone other than Bandai, TRSI & Funi. More often than not there's been a dub. They seem to move pretty slow
marzipan.dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:26 am Reply with quote
I'd pre-order Antique Bakery and Junjou Romantica today if I could.

ps - and Moyashimon
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:27 am Reply with quote
Shuffle Memories should not be distributed on DVD in America. The series is a troll. Maybe FUNi is smarter than I thought, since they haven't signed up to do it yet.
Dop.L

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:28 am Reply with quote
More ARIA - Excellent! Believe me they'll be getting my order as soon as they start accepting pre-orders, as I'm overjoyed I'll be able to complete the collection!

Between that and the fourth season of Maria-sama, I'm looking forward to what next year brings!

I'll be getting Antique Bakery, too. If only more Noitamina series would get licenced.
Lemoncookies23

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:44 am Reply with quote
Junjou Romantica!? Oh, hell yes! It's been a long time coming and I was beginning to think it would never be released. Nozomi will have its first purchase from me because of this.

Last edited by Lemoncookies23 on Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:44 am Reply with quote
Edit: deleted.
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:19 am Reply with quote
YESSSSSS they got Junjo I've been waiting for this a long time *fangirl squeal* best yaoi ever Razz
manafairy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:41 am Reply with quote
I'm not particularly interested in Junjou Romantica, as I wasn't all that fond of the manga, but I loved Antique Bakery's manga iteration so that has my eye. Does anyone know if the Antique Bakery anime is anywhere near as good as its manga?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5