• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Namco, iTunes to Sell Anime Songs in N. America

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjapet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:43 am Reply with quote
Well this is nice for people who don't already have the songs on there ipods
wilson_x1999

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:48 am Reply with quote
This took a long time, but it's awesome, now I'll be able to listen to the songs and don't feel guilty about it, because I'll be supporting the artists.
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:06 am Reply with quote
Hooray! I'm so happy that ALI Project is on that list

I know Ai Otsuka is on itunes already, so that's my top 2 favorite japanese artists already :3
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:07 am Reply with quote
wilson_x1999 wrote:
This took a long time, but it's awesome, now I'll be able to listen to the songs and don't feel guilty about it, because I'll be supporting the artists.

I felt the same way... combined with my mom (who works in licensing) guilting me, drove me to only buy music and not download for free. I now have a big CD collection... hey... at least this probably means we'll get the two new Haruhi Songs (I really can't wait for the full version of Super Driver). Although I feel bad I just bought the CD of Motteke! Sailor Fuku!
yellow ledbetter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:15 am Reply with quote
This is good news. I have a lot of these songs on my iphone already but I've always had problems with losing them every time I update. I don't mind paying 99 cents to have the thing legit with no problems. It will even have the album art. Cool.
Cait

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:25 am Reply with quote
I'll be happy if this leads to availability outside the iTunes music monopoly. Some of us don't have iPods or iPhones. I only download music through Amazon and other drm-free services.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:29 am Reply with quote
Cait wrote:
I'll be happy if this leads to availability outside the iTunes music monopoly. Some of us don't have iPods or iPhones. I only download music through Amazon and other drm-free services.

iTunes is 100% DRM-free.
biolizard_alpha

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:30 am Reply with quote
Cait wrote:

DRM-free services such as iTunes?
darcerin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:32 am Reply with quote
Hooray! This might actually give me a reason to get a Itunes account finally!
Cait

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:44 am Reply with quote
biolizard_alpha wrote:
Cait wrote:

DRM-free services such as iTunes?

I'm sorry, I should have been clearer. I didn't mean to presume iTunes as a DRM service. What I was implying is that iTunes, the brief period of time that I tried using it, aggrevated the hell out of me. First it took most of an entire day to "convert" my collection to it, and then trying to use it made me want to pull my hair out. Considering I do not now, nor ever plan to own an iPod, I gave up and removed all the software I could, but even now, from time to time, I get Apple "software update" notices. For software that doesn't exist on my computer anymore. Apple can take their iTunes service and shove it somewhere unpleasant. I'll stick to services without all the add-ons, software, etc. If that means I don't get the anime or anime music I like, then I guess I'll just go without.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:57 am Reply with quote
Well this is great, I never download songs since I feel so guilty about it, I just hope that they have a little anime music section so I'll be able to find them (I've used itunes for almost four years and their searches STILL confuse me).
sashaisme

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:06 pm Reply with quote
I wonder what other songs we'll start getting...
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:33 pm Reply with quote
itunes as a program itself is horrible and rarely works when i want to, buy as a music buying service it works decently well. only downside for me is the quality is horrible, 128kbps last i checked. not worth the money, but it's good to have options..and 128kbps is good enough for most people who arn't audiophiles
mewtwo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru: recently, they upped their whole music catalog to 256 kbps AAC, and without DRM.

Unfortunately, the music that Geneon released on there, including the "Red fraction" single by MELL, is no longer there because they didn't have 256 kbps versions up by the time Apple purged all of its 128 kbps files.
neocloud9

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Oh, this is great news! I never bought the special editions of Haruhi and Lucky Star, so I've been missing out on the character songs. And now I won't be anymore!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3