• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Namco Bandai Gets N. American Dragon Ball Game Rights

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bleuster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:31 pm Reply with quote
What about Idolm@ster? That's a game people want so why not give it to them?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
J. Kudo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Yay, Dragon Ball games.

(....now, when is the Bleach: Heat The Soul franchise going to be officially released in the U.S.? Wink )
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:41 pm Reply with quote
I'll admit, I am not surprized Namco Bandai bought the rights, but Atari has been around for several decades, so I think they'll still make money.

Either way, this is interesting news.
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
I'll admit, I am not surprized Namco Bandai bought the rights, but Atari has been around for several decades, so I think they'll still make money.

Either way, this is interesting news.
They've had the exclusive rights for every Dragonball game ever made in Japan, so it only makes sense for them to have the same rights in America. Why should they pay Atari for something they can do themselves?

J. Kudo wrote:
Yay, Dragon Ball games.

(....now, when is the Bleach: Heat The Soul franchise going to be officially released in the U.S.? Wink )
When Bleach games start to make money, we'll see more of them. Only reason Dragonball games keep getting made is because people like buying them.
crazychild

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:14 am Reply with quote
Just found out about Revenge of King Piccolo yesterday, and it looks like it might actually be pretty decent.
Primus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Atari's license actually expires in January 2010. For Bandai to be able to publish those games in the fall of this year must mean they've either reached an agreement with Atari, or they're neglecting to remember Atari still exists.
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
Atari's license actually expires in January 2010. For Bandai to be able to publish those games in the fall of this year must mean they've either reached an agreement with Atari, or they're neglecting to remember Atari still exists.
Atari is irrelevant because Namco Bandai is the one they were releasing the games for in NA. All NB did was remove the middleman.
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:29 pm Reply with quote
J. Kudo wrote:
Yay, Dragon Ball games.

Maybe when that franchise actually starts being good!

And while I am glad this likely means better localization...it doesn't change the fact that the last good Dragon Ball game was Chou DBZ =\. Ergh, someone put DIMPS in the ground already. Spike ain't so bad but DIMPS has got to go!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1