• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Broken Blade Fantasy Robot Manga Gets Anime Green-Lit

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Hed

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:35 pm Reply with quote
The art looks quite pretty. Now I don't know if I want to buy the manga or wait for the anime, though.
Onizuka666

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Hey, this is good news. Having sampled this manga, I can say it deserves an anime series. I found it to be a bit like The Visionaries animated series, set in a universe where conventional technology no longer works, and magic based tech and magic users have become the norm. Not a bad thing at all.

Well, I remember seeing CMX getting this one in Previews. Kudos to DC because this is a nice series. I'm glad to see CMX doing a little better, after the early edit CMX debacles.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Paploo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Flex's catalogue is partly owned by DC Comics, as they invested in Flex awhile ago, partly for insight for developing their own webcomics division. I'm curious if this will help the anime make it over here- I'm planning on picking up the manga this weekend, as it was released last week to comic shops.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:17 pm Reply with quote
If anything, this article encouraged me to give the manga a look. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Daemonblue

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:25 pm Reply with quote
So far the manga is pretty good, hopefully they won't butcher the anime. It's kinda saddening when a good manga gets a bad anime, kinda like 07-Ghost (they changed a lot from the manga just in the first few episodes).
Lemoncookies23

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:31 am Reply with quote
I just checked out the manga today. It's brilliant!
rinjichan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:49 am Reply with quote
I'm not sure where to post news tips (so sorry if this is the wrong place) but it's pseudo related.

MOONPHASE has updated that an anime adaptation of the Flex Comic's series "Break Blade" has been announced. You guys already broke this story but there seems to be more information released (that I can't read). Might have staff info in it?

http://www.flex-comix.jp/special/2009/bureikub090708.html

MOONPHASE lists the staff as:
General Manager: Amino Tetsuro (アミノテツロー)
Director: Habara Nobuyoshi (羽原信義)
Character Design: Norita Takumo (乗田拓茂)
Mecha Design: Yanase Takayuki (柳瀬敬之)
Series Composition: Sogo Masahi (十川誠志)
Animation Production: Production I.G. & XEBEC
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:24 am Reply with quote
Quote:
How did it comes to this? There's little time to ponder the implications as an army in giant, mechanized battle suits attacks. Arrow just feels like he's in the way - until he comes across a powerful, ancient mech that no one has yet to be able to figure out how to run. But his natural affinity for the suit's operating mechanism may just turn Arrow into the most important player of all.

Wow...I give this upcoming series 10 out of 10 for startling originality! Sarcasm aside, I guess this has the possibility of being cool. Premise may be shopworn beyond belief, but the Devil is always in how it is executed.
Demonic+Elemental

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:17 pm Reply with quote
So....is Break Blade going to be an anime series or an anime movie?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1