• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Keynote, Day 3: Kun Gao on Anime on the Internet

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
souleater

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

No I am not. By renting, you still have a actual copy of a dvd, but are also helping the industry as well.

Also, the reason I chose not to pay for online anime is because I have a dvd player and I don't feel like watching advertisements as well. Although I occasionally watch anime here or on Funimation, I typically only watch anime via television of dvd.

Also I never said I "mainly". Yes I do rent, but I've also bought the complete series of Karin, Comic Party and have also purchased several other series.

If you have a dvd player, why pay large amounts of cash to watch anime online? Netflix costs $4-5 a month and there is a wide selection of anime. But more than anything, its a personal preferance.

Epic troll. Crunchyroll's subscription service costs as little as $5/month, and you get streaming anime on-demand instead of having to wait for a DVD to arrive via snail-mail (and you get anime 30 minutes after it airs in Japan, not 6-9 months later when the DVD comes out). Also, you don't have to sit through ads if you pay for a membership...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2