• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Debuts on U.S. TV

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:36 pm Reply with quote
sunflowerseed wrote:
Just finished watching it and seems to me that it started out on EP 4 of Season 2. Guess its only going to be 16 or 18 eps long in the dub version. Audio and visual were really good, no grainy parts what so ever.

The ending song was skipped as well and its part of the heart grabber for each shows emotional effect. /sigh

Yeah, it's nice to have more anime besides Bleach and Naruto on TV, but Sci-Fi just doesn't treat their shows right.
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:42 pm Reply with quote
sunflowerseed wrote:
Just finished watching it and seems to me that it started out on EP 4 of Season 2.

Uh, Wikipedia says no (WARNING very spoilerish summaries):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mobile_Suit_Gundam_00_episodes

And I wasn't paying close attention, but I was pretty sure I saw "01" and "02" in the episode titles, respectively. Where did you get this info?
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:01 am Reply with quote
Ended up with a double-post since the browser never went to the next page after I hit submit.

I agree it's ashame the ED song got cut since it's quite powerful especially later but we knew this was happening since season one, it's not a surprise.

Episode airings though you're incorrect, atleast here. They indeed aired correctly episodes 1 and 2 of season 2.

Last edited by DangerMouse on Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:33 am; edited 8 times in total
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:06 am Reply with quote
BellosTheMighty wrote:
sunflowerseed wrote:
Just finished watching it and seems to me that it started out on EP 4 of Season 2.

Uh, Wikipedia says no (WARNING very spoilerish summaries):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mobile_Suit_Gundam_00_episodes

And I wasn't paying close attention, but I was pretty sure I saw "01" and "02" in the episode titles, respectively. Where did you get this info?

I was watching closer and I can also confirm what you are saying here. Not only did it show 01 and 02 on the screen, but it was also most definitely the first two episodes of the second season, the same first two episodes as the original Japanese broadcast.
kefkaownsall

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:39 am Reply with quote
Oh Christ. Sci Fi cut out the epilogues of the episodes. That's the most important part.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:46 am Reply with quote
kefkaownsall wrote:
Oh Christ. Sci Fi cut out the epilogues of the episodes. That's the most important part.

I feared that would be the case. My condolences for all of the people who are watching S2 for the first time on SciFi. Ditto about the EDs; cutting "trust you" is criminal.
abynormal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:28 am Reply with quote
Er, the first ending to season two is "Prototype," not "Trust You."

I wonder if it's more to do with broadcasting rights than Sci-Fi's editing, though. I will agree, cutting the epilogues will definitely hurt the comprehension of those watching for the first time. Perhaps when Bandai puts it on Youtube they'll be restored.
kefkaownsall

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:38 am Reply with quote
abynormal wrote:

I wonder if it's more to do with broadcasting rights than Sci-Fi's editing, though. I will agree, cutting the epilogues will definitely hurt the comprehension of those watching for the first time. Perhaps when Bandai puts it on Youtube they'll be restored.

Sometimes the epilogues contain plot ex Setsuna going to Lyle so they better!!!!
Big Hed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:48 pm Reply with quote
abynormal wrote:

Yeah, but I assume they'll be cutting EDs for the whole season.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:00 pm Reply with quote
They did.However Naruto was edited and they turned out fine,that is until the filler arc came which made the series go to hitaus mode.

Either way it was a decent series and once again a very good english dub by Ocean who was been doing gundam series since god knows when and having a long time gundam vetran as the lead is decent enough,though they should've let that guy who played Hero Yui on Gundam Wing,or allowed Matt Hill ( Kira from Gundam Seed) as Setsuna.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Katane

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Aw man! What an explosive start to the Second Season, I can't wait until next Monday!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
azndragon4k

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:07 pm Reply with quote
haven't noticed but have they cut out other random parts of eps lke they did in season 1 other then the epilogues
Strike Freedom Meister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Loved it. Very cool. But so pissed that they cut the ending. Oh well, just go to You Tube or MySpace Videos. The Season 2 endings are there. I guess I'll have to wait until the DVD's come out to enjoy the full experience. I just wish I could speak to the guys running Ani-Monday. Cutting the ED and previews is definitely wrong.

I just wish they'd put some Gundam on iTunes. Sigh.
Katane

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully Bandai will put it on their Youtube page when the series is completed like the they did for the first one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:09 pm Reply with quote
On the bright side, this past Monday's episodes had less commercials. The first episode of the night only had 3, and the second episode of the night only had 2! I hope this is something related to the new SyFy, because I could really get into SyFy if they were the ones who gave us less commercials.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2