• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ultimo's Stan Lee & Hiroyuki Takei at Comic-Con Int'l

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:13 am Reply with quote
Shocked Curse you, Comic-con goers, ya lucky SOBs!! The first manga I ever read was Shaman King, and I love it even more now. I can't wait to add the Perfect Editions to my shelves, too. And I'm already hooked on ULTIMO. Anime cry

I want Takei's autograph, too..... *sniff*
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:45 am Reply with quote
Very lucky Comic-con goers, indeed. XP Ultimo is a great series so far and I constantly look forward to reading it every month in my SJ issues.

(Which, if you haven't read it yet, I recommend reading it. It's worth it so far, I swear!)
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Aww man, I wish I could go...I've wanted to meet Takei for a while now, not just because Shaman King is the absolute greatest thing ever, but also because he writes the most awesome, spaced-out author comments I've ever read.

I've heard mixed opinions on Ultimo, but I'll probably end up reading it anyway x3
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:42 pm Reply with quote
40?
I doubt they'll make it to Thursday unless not many 4-Day pass people are SK fans
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:48 pm Reply with quote
CCSYueh wrote:
40?
I doubt they'll make it to Thursday unless not many 4-Day pass people are SK fans

You vastly underestimate the appeal of Stan Lee at a North American comic book convention. I'll be surprised more than a quarter of the line will even want Takei's autograph.
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:01 pm Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:
CCSYueh wrote:
40?

You vastly underestimate the appeal of Stan Lee at a North American comic book convention. I'll be surprised more than a quarter of the line will even want Takei's autograph.

I'm assuming Stan Lee's appearance isn't being broadcast thru the normal US comics venues or that he will be making an appearance at the Marvel booth & will be signing stuff thru them.He was a blast when they brought him into the Viz panel last year.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1