• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
seven seas?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
einhorn303

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:54 am Reply with quote
cloud1989 wrote:
so I guess this mean nothing is canceled, just having release date issues, and all the light novels can be expected to be released at some point? Its just they went TBA suddenly and nothing at all was mentioned for a long time which seemed strange.

Just so for you know in the future, "TBA" is secret publisher code for "Deader than Vincent Price."
Matt122004

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:49 am Reply with quote
There's some possible new news regarding Seven Seas. Their light novel imprint might actually be resurected, just possibly. Check it out: http://ranobecafe.wordpress.com/2009/09/10/seven-seas-reconsidering-light-novels/
Andrew Cunningham

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Matt122004 wrote:
There's some possible new news regarding Seven Seas. Their light novel imprint might actually be resurected, just possibly. Check it out: http://ranobecafe.wordpress.com/2009/09/10/seven-seas-reconsidering-light-novels/

They did recently release some stuff over Kindle.
That might be a good way to get some small return on the translations they've already paid for. Assuming they had the foresight to get digital rights...
adam_omega

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:54 am Reply with quote
Andrew Cunningham wrote:
Matt122004 wrote:

They did recently release some stuff over Kindle.
That might be a good way to get some small return on the translations they've already paid for. Assuming they had the foresight to get digital rights...

Ebook rights are not a standard item in Japanese contracts and they tend to be something that Japanese publishers and creators are very iffy on as it is. So no, it's unlikely that there will be light novel ebooks.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Seven Seas light novel line is, essentially, dead. I have yet to see a decent length light novel series be fully published in the United States. Light Novels, in general, are quite often ridiculously under publicized and the companies whom publish them are either small or in financial trouble (no offense to Seven Seas Entertainment or Tokyopop). So many companies are hesitant about releasing them, and understandibly so (it is a very niche market). All I know is, after thoroughly enjoying Ballad of a Shinigami (volumes 1 and 2) and being crushed by the news that the series is dead; I am very, very hesitant about getting excited about another light novel series.
Crying or Very sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2