• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bokurano's Kitoh to Launch Noririn Cycling Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:18 am Reply with quote
Kitoh always did have a fascination with bikes, and is an avid bike rider himself (if I recall his personal webpage).

Shiina in Narutaru got a really nice bike after volume 6 that he clearly spent WAY too much time drawing in precise detail Smile.

Sounds like a realistic story, though, which would be a first for Kitoh. Hope he can find a way to keep people interested.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:46 am Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:
Sounds like a realistic story, though, which would be a first for Kitoh.

Even so, my reaction is still "Ohhh, boy."

I'd be surprised if this one turned out to be at all "pleasant."
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:52 am Reply with quote
Given his track record, I'm going to assume cycling eventually destroys her life and she winds up a quadriplegic.
Monumension

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:48 pm Reply with quote
I guess her cycling-routines are somehow linked to the fate of mankind in some spectacular fashion. Each time she falls off the bike 10.000.000 people mysteriously die!
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:49 pm Reply with quote
hissatsu01 wrote:
Given his track record, I'm going to assume cycling eventually destroys her life and she winds up a quadriplegic.

We can only hope this is the direction which the story is taken.
Sounds different, not surprising though based on whom it is being created by. Are there many cycling manga out their? I cannot think of any off the top of my head....
Anton Chigurh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Dollars to doughnuts the bikes consume the life energy of either the rider of his/her family and the JSDF intervenes at some point to help against whatever threat is looming.

And don't forget the underage girl getting gang raped and pregnant.
rockman nes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:19 pm Reply with quote
hissatsu01 wrote:

Sad but true Crying or Very sad
HellKorn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Viz is releasing the first volume of Bokurano February 16th, 2010, by the way. It's listed on their website.

Anton Chigurh wrote:
Dollars to doughnuts the bikes consume the life energy of either the rider of his/her family and the JSDF intervenes at some point to help against whatever threat is looming.

But spoiler[the world doesn't end] in your scenario; ergo, Kitoh isn't drawing it.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:18 pm Reply with quote
HellKorn wrote:
Viz is releasing the first volume of Bokurano February 16th, 2010, by the way. It's listed on their website.

Good to know. Hopefully more IKKI titles will get the print treatment.

The Mad Manga Massacre wrote:
Are there many cycling manga out their? I cannot think of any off the top of my head....

There is the "Summer in Andalusia" portion of Iou Kuroda's Nasu. The Andalusia story was even adapted into an anime film, which in turn got an OVA sequel. Haven't read the manga (though I'd like too), but I highly recommend the two films.

EDIT: For a pure cycling manga/anime, there's also Over Drive. I haven't seen or read that series though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:02 pm Reply with quote
this is Kitoh, so a nuclear bomb will go off somewhere, and the bike will turn out be a magical creature that kills and molests little girls, whilst bringing destruction to the human race Wink
Anton Chigurh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:45 am Reply with quote
HellKorn wrote:

Anton Chigurh wrote:

But spoiler[the world doesn't end] in your scenario; ergo, Kitoh isn't drawing it.

In Bokurano spoiler[it didn't end, though I do remember it was implied it would be at risk of disappearing like the others before it.]

Right you are about the nuclear bomb, V1cious. I don't know how I could miss that one.
HellKorn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Anton Chigurh wrote:
In Bokurano spoiler[it didn't end, though I do remember it was implied it would be at risk of disappearing like the others before it.]

Well, for that spoiler[specific world, yeah; however, Kitoh basically has numerous other worlds end. We just aren't emotionally involved in them.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1